What would YOU do in this tricky situation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The other day, I was talking to a woman who won quite a bit of money on the BBC TV programme 'Eggheads' but the way she won it raised some questions so I'll ask the esteemed posters on here what they'd do in these circumstances.

OK, her team-mates were knocked out one by one as all four scored two points while their Egghead competitor got all three of theirs correct and so went through to the 'final'. The woman I met last week looked as nervous as could be on the programme itself and was convinced she'd be going home potless like her team-mates....but she didn't!

She managed to get all three, two were pure guesses, and then happened to know the first question in the round where there's no multiple choice. The Eggheads didn't know their answer, got it wrong and against all odds, the solo woman won £14,000.

Now, assume you were in her position, your team-mates were all eliminated but you, on your own, won the money. What would you do? Would you share the money five ways with your team-mates, keep it all for yourself or keep the majority for yourself and let the team - who'd all been knocked out before offering any money-making contribution divide the rest between themselves? After all, you were the major - ONLY - contributor there.

Well I know what she did now but what would YOU do if you were the winner of the money when you were the last player standing of your team?

Slick

Guru
Stand and fall as a team.

How do the show rules work? If they all win would they get individual cheques? Or is it always paid in one payment to be divvied up?

Drago

Legendary Member
The rules of the game are what they are, and she won, so I've no moral outrage if she decided to trouser the lot.

If it were me, I'd sort me mates, but she chooses not too that's her business.

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
One of my friends was on Eggheads and the whole team made it to the end except one who dropped out in an early round. Prize was split between all the team rather than leaving one person out. Slightly different perspective....

One of the few quizzes I cannot watch due to them all being smug twats; I'd have burnt the lot*

* the competitors, not the money. I'd have pocketed that.

Jimidh

Veteran
I'd share it - anything else would be wrong.

The whole team probably had to work together to get picked for the show, then probably helped each other revise and prep.

Just because you were lucky in your questions doesn't give you the right to pocket all the cash.

There are some selfish fckers out there though.

Top Bottom