What would YOU do in this tricky situation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Stick it on the nags and share the winnings. Unless you blow it.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
There's no right or wrong answer to this, I just wanted to see what people thought of it after watching one particular episode - not the one referred to above - where again, all four head-to-head team-mates were knocked out embarrassingly easily and the last man standing won a fair amount of money and I thought the others didn't deserve the same divvy-up and he should get either all of it or a larger share than theirs because without him, they'd have won hoo-haa so why should they expect the same amount?

Well apparently, you're advised in the studio in advance that although you should win or lose as a team, should you wish to come to a private arrangement, it's entirely up to you. The four who didn't make the final in the example in the original post (and I apologise but got the sum wrong; after checking, I found it was £11,000 not £14,000 - sorry) made an offer to Anne who won for her to take it all. She refused and was adamant they should have an even division as they were all workmates as well as friends so they came back to her and suggested she take £5,500 and they would share the remaining £5,500 between themselves so it was this idea she eventually went with.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
There's no right or wrong answer to this, I just wanted to see what people thought of it after watching one particular episode - not the one referred to above - where again, all four head-to-head team-mates were knocked out embarrassingly easily and the last man standing won a fair amount of money and I thought the others didn't deserve the same divvy-up and he should get either all of it or a larger share than theirs because without him, they'd have won hoo-haa so why should they expect the same amount?

Well apparently, you're advised in the studio in advance that although you should win or lose as a team, should you wish to come to a private arrangement, it's entirely up to you. The four who didn't make the final in the example in the original post (and I apologise but got the sum wrong; after checking, I found it was £11,000 not £14,000 - sorry) made an offer to Anne who won for her to take it all. She refused and was adamant they should have an even division as they were all workmates as well as friends so they came back to her and suggested she take £5,500 and they would share the remaining £5,500 between themselves so it was this idea she eventually went with.

If I were in her place I'd still find that uncomfortable, but good on her teammates for coming to that solution.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Having made the offer of an even split, honour has been satisfied especially with a celebration paid for by the winner.

Globalti

Legendary Member
One of our lab staff won £1 million on the lottery a couple of years ago, She stayed at work and hasn't changed a jot and I'm still waiting for her to come over and hand me a cheque.

Thomk

Guru

So should those who win their head to head receive a larger share of winnings than the lucky one who gets a pass into the final given that they risk a lower share if they lose (In situations where that happens)?

Tin Pot

Guru
One of our lab staff won £1 million on the lottery a couple of years ago, She stayed at work and hasn't changed a jot and I'm still waiting for her to come over and hand me a cheque.

You never know, it might happen.

As a teenager we were all pretty poor but one mate was given an unexpected £40K from someone who wasn't a relative that passed away. He bought himself a fancy guitar and a cheap old banger, and tried to save the rest for when he was older. After three or four years of people hassling him for fivers, taxis, lifts etc. he took out the people he considered friends and gave it all away.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Depends on how close the friends were. I'd share out if it were my friends, but at the same time I don't see it as selfish if she'd take the lot. In this day and age, it's sort of everyone else in the team's fault for not coming to an agreement beforehand.

Top Bottom