What would YOU do in this tricky situation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It is basically selling your soul, isn't it?

The other day, I was talking to a woman who won quite a bit of money on the BBC TV programme 'Eggheads' but the way she won it raised some questions so I'll ask the esteemed posters on here what they'd do in these circumstances.

OK, her team-mates were knocked out one by one as all four scored two points while their Egghead competitor got all three of theirs correct and so went through to the 'final'. The woman I met last week looked as nervous as could be on the programme itself and was convinced she'd be going home potless like her team-mates....but she didn't!

She managed to get all three, two were pure guesses, and then happened to know the first question in the round where there's no multiple choice. The Eggheads didn't know their answer, got it wrong and against all odds, the solo woman won £14,000.

Now, assume you were in her position, your team-mates were all eliminated but you, on your own, won the money. What would you do? Would you share the money five ways with your team-mates, keep it all for yourself or keep the majority for yourself and let the team - who'd all been knocked out before offering any money-making contribution divide the rest between themselves? After all, you were the major - ONLY - contributor there.

Well I know what she did now but what would YOU do if you were the winner of the money when you were the last player standing of your team?
What did she do?

I would split it evenly.
Between my left pocket and right pocket.
Only kidding,they went as a team so everyone contributed and gets a share.

Tin Pot

Guru
The other day, I was talking to a woman who won quite a bit of money on the BBC TV programme 'Eggheads' but the way she won it raised some questions so I'll ask the esteemed posters on here what they'd do in these circumstances.

OK, her team-mates were knocked out one by one as all four scored two points while their Egghead competitor got all three of theirs correct and so went through to the 'final'. The woman I met last week looked as nervous as could be on the programme itself and was convinced she'd be going home potless like her team-mates....but she didn't!

She managed to get all three, two were pure guesses, and then happened to know the first question in the round where there's no multiple choice. The Eggheads didn't know their answer, got it wrong and against all odds, the solo woman won £14,000.

Now, assume you were in her position, your team-mates were all eliminated but you, on your own, won the money. What would you do? Would you share the money five ways with your team-mates, keep it all for yourself or keep the majority for yourself and let the team - who'd all been knocked out before offering any money-making contribution divide the rest between themselves? After all, you were the major - ONLY - contributor there.

Well I know what she did now but what would YOU do if you were the winner of the money when you were the last player standing of your team?

If this truly is team entry, then as others have said - but I suspect it is not truly a team entry. If it were, then the rules of the game should stipulate that the team wins the prize, not individual members of the team.

U

User33236

The team should decide before the game what they would do with any winnings.
Exactly this. Agree beforehand and put it in writing.

Personally I'd share with, possibly, the element of a 'winner bonus' varied by the number of those still standing at the end.

mustang1

Legendary Member
If you enter the competition as a team the. You win and lose as a team. That includes prizes and should be shared equally amongst all members. If they had an agreement before hand of splitting the money depending on who got a certain percentage of questions correct, then that's how it should be shared.

But you asked what I would do. I'd take it and leg it. :smile:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Hmm, a tricky situation calls for

d27371Dapper_Dan_Colorh206.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
Prize money seems very low these days. What happened to winning a car, a holiday and £20000?

They seems to escape with a few grand if they're very lucky these days.

Top Bottom