What would you say is the number one reason for cleaning your bicycle on a regular basis?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Hardly ever clean my car, because i haven't got much enthusiasm about cars.... its just a tool that does a job for me.
Bikes & motorcycles are different, they are an interest as well as being a mode of transport. Apart from the obvious maintenance thing, they are just more enjoyable to look at and take out for a ride when they're pristinely clean. When they get plastered in mud & road crud, i cannot leave them like that.

D

Deleted member 26715

Remember it is the tool holding the tool that does the damage and this tool knows how to use a jetwash on his bikes.
Each to their own but I would never recommend it, just like I'd never recommend using one on the top side of a car, but as I very very very rarely clean either what do I know :laugh::laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
Each to their own but I would never recommend it, just like I'd never recommend using one on the top side of a car, but as I very very very rarely clean either what do I know :laugh::laugh:

If you are standing 10 foot away from the water coming out of a turned down low jet washer how wet would you get? not very that is for sure. Why would you not use one on the top side of a car, as you may know that is my trade and I have just by coincidence just washed them both using a jet washer.

screenman

Legendary Member
To be honest I cannot figure out why people think a jet washer is a dangerous tool, but like people thinking roads are dangerous.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If you are standing 10 foot away from the water coming out of a turned down low jet washer how wet would you get? not very that is for sure.
Isn't "a turned down low jet washer" basically a very expensive way of getting hosepipe-strength water delivery? Is it even accurate to call it a "blast with the jetwash" if it's not blasting or even jetting?

screenman

Legendary Member
Isn't "a turned down low jet washer" basically a very expensive way of getting hosepipe-strength water delivery? Is it even accurate to call it a "blast with the jetwash" if it's not blasting or even jetting?

If I am using a jet wash to deliver water to the bike then surely I am using a jet wash. You adjust the pressure by moving closer or further away from the object, but I do not think many people know this it seems.

If you are ever in these parts you are welcome to come and strip down one of my jet washed bikes and inspect for any damage.

Top Bottom