what Xmas gift do you buy for your Dad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Make sure that beef has planety of fat in it; there's nothing worse than dry flavourless beef that's had all the fat bred out of it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
amongst other things we got mine a couple of chinease stress balls and the other halfs dad has got a hedgehouse !

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
My dad's a bit of a sound and vision king. So he's having the 3D Blu-Ray of Wrath of the Titans/Clash and the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows also in 3D. I'm looking forward to lounging about, feet up, wine a-flowing, snacks and watching any of the above on his new 56" all singing, all dancing smart tv on chrissy afternoon. Method in my madness.

I always used to give my dad a nice porcelain pot of Patum Peperium.

Now he has gone, my kids are following the tradition for me. Although I only get the plastic pots as I don't want to colllect them.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm a Dad aged 56 who's got almost everything he needs and my son has asked me the very same question so I've announced that henceforth when people are stuck for ideas I'd like to build up a collection of malt whiskies. My first was a distiller's edition Lagavulin (nice and peaty but a little sweet and vanilla-ey) and the next will be an Ardbeg.

I don't like whiskey at all but the idea of building up a collection of something that is of interest appeals to me. It's a good gift idea that.

Basil.B

Guru
Seldom Scene (Bluegrass music) CD

Globalti

Legendary Member
My Dad used to do that for his own father until the old boy went a bit batty and started bursting into song in restaurants. He was a former sailor and had a huge repertoire of sea shanties and Irish ditties.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I'm trying to find my dad a gold star of david, however this being a christian (mostly) country i cannot for the life of me get hold of one.
he's got my nan's old one but i think he's worried about losing it, interestingly i can get a pentacle easier then a cross...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 2192787, member: 259"]To The Kwai and Back is astonishing isn't it? He donated (or maybe lent) a couple of drawings we saw at the Death Railway museum in Kanchanaburi - a harrowing place.[/quote]

The Imperial War Museum has the bulk of them as far as I know, saw a few at The Cartoon Museum's RS at 90 exhibition - powerful stuff.

Top Bottom