what Xmas gift do you buy for your Dad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well, what a collection of miserable old git presents! Buy the old codger the biggest, loudest firework you can afford. Take the old boy out in to the garden, the park, the street at midnight on Christmas Eve and let it off. Then toast your success by doing moonies at the moon.

nice and peaty but a little sweet and vanilla-ey.

Fess up; if you know this then what you have there is a collection of whisky bottles.

Col5632

Guru
I too am struggling what to get my dad, he works 24/7, doesnt like football, never goes out and he already has all the bike stuff he needs :ohmy:

I've got a copy of that. But you can't have it! Lucky to have found a copy Pete, they're pretty scarce, only 500 of them printed at the time IIRC. You can get 'To the Kwai and Back' which has a lot of them. Was your dad out there?

He's got the Kwai and Back book and has been trying to get a copy of Forty Pictures from the Library - of course these days the managers take one look at the content and bin the things:angry:

He turned 18 in 1944 and was posted to Burma - by the time they arrived and got through basic training it was, thankfully, pretty much all over.

Sandra6

Veteran
I alternate between buying my dad Bassetts liquorice allsorts and terry's chocolate orange with the occasional box of thornton's special toffee thrown into the mix. I'm lucky he's easily pleased.

Night Train

Maker of Things
My Dads just bought and original Volvo C70 convertible as a summer toy, so I bought him a big die cast model of one for his desk

I thought about getting a die-cast model of every car my Dad had ever owned. I still haven't found all of them, some are probably just not available. If they were I would start buying them.
I might also do the same for every car I ever owned.

I asked Dad what he wanted earlier today. He said 'Nothing.', so that's easy then!:thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
If he is anything like my Dad then I wouldn't bother. ;)
While clearing out the box room of all his junk, so I could turn it into a guest room, I found presents that have been unwrapped but never opened.

I am as stumped as you are as to what to get Dad this year.

Easy. Recycle one of the ones you've just rediscovered!;)

Top Bottom