What you got planned for the Bank Holiday weekend ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
What makes it hardcore ?

No lumps but the recipe calls for 8 heads of garlic. Serves two. Cheers Dan, I think.
 

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
I might revisit my old stamping ground up on Stanhope Moor, see if there's still crayfish in the streams that I used to dam as a feckless youth and chase down some Cotherstone cheese before going on to sample the Weardale Railway.
 

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
chase down some cheese ?

Yeah but I do it on tarmac either on Crawleyside Hill or or the opposite side of the valley. Off road options exist too - look at the contour lines.
 

Attachments

  • stanhope.png
    stanhope.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
jdrussell

jdrussell

Guru
Location
Tooting
Yeah but I do it on tarmac either on Crawleyside Hill or or the opposite side of the valley. Off road options exist too - look at the contour lines.

whoooooooooooooah, see you down there lol
 

ChrisKH

Legendary Member
Location
Essex
Stripping.

(decking and back door, prior to oiling and painting).

Picking apples, making apple crumble/upside down cake and eating it with lashings of custard. :hungry:
 

ChrisBD

Guru
A tip - the addition of a stick of cinnamon to the boiling jam adds a certain something to the jelly.


Will give that a try in a few of the jars, thanks.

Been out this afternoon to forage . 11 lbs of blackberries thus far! Pies, tarts, culis, brandy.......oh, and jelly!!
 

gavintc

Legendary Member
Location
Southsea
It's a hard life indeed ;) , how do you cope! You missed out on some beautiful heavy rain in Edinburgh yesterday, just in case you wanted to know that.

T

Thanks Telemark, I get regular updates from my daughter who works in Edinburgh that there has been a fair amount of damp days. Sadly, I am now getting a little tired of the heat and would welcome a weekend in Edinburgh. Every day is a groundhog day; sunny 32C and high humidity. Hope you two are well and enjoying the festival. Gavin
 
Top Bottom