Whatcha got, hows it going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just a chance to compare experiences if you don't mind sharing ?
Crossfire e with the Suntour drive system, around 6 months old now, done 1350 miles .

No sooner I'd brought it I found out the Suntour system does suffer with occasional cut outs...and mine has done intermittently but not too much to cause concern.

No idea how the battery is doing, it does what it says it will...I'm Intrigued what life folk actually get from their batteries.(before they start to fail)
The crossfire has done well, very good brakes, no mechanical hiccups, a very well built bike IME.

theloafer

Legendary Member
haibikes Sduro 7.0 bosch cx motor+and 500 battery just over a year ...pasted the 1000 miles running great no probs at all ^_^ ..my partner has the Sduro 5.0 bosch cx motor+500 battery ...hers just over 650 miles running great also with no probs soon to be upgraded though

Reactions: gbb

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
2 x Cube Acid ones....Bosch performance active + motor

1 x 400wh battery
1x 500wh battery

Both bikes set-up totally different

But both running superbly well

Reactions: gbb
D

Deleted member 23692

Mine's a home built contraption using an Alfine 8 IHG coupled to a Tongsheng TSDZ2 mid-drive motor and an 14.5Ah battery, all held in place by a Planet X London Road frame.

It's been 2 years since it first hit tarmac and so far I've not experienced any problems at all. The only downside is the battery takes a good 8 hours to charge from near flat, but it's fine doing that overnight... as long a you remember to do so before going to bed

kellis

Hi had my Giant road e bike for 15 months and done 4000miles on it apart from changing the brake pads it has never missed a beat and i love it. I used it as my transport to work 25miles round trip. But now i am retired i use it to keep fit i like to get out at least 4 times a week. Its the best thing i ever bought

jowwy

i put some new 47mm conti tours on the commuter over the weekend and used them for the first time today.......it now climbs even better than it did on 50mm schwalbe thunder burts.

its unbelievable what a change of tyres can do to a bike with 50nm of torque.....turbo now feels like turbo

jowwy

Hi had my Giant road e bike for 15 months and done 4000miles on it apart from changing the brake pads it has never missed a beat and i love it. I used it as my transport to work 25miles round trip. But now i am retired i use it to keep fit i like to get out at least 4 times a week. Its the best thing i ever bought
pictures?

jowwy

i will add an updated picture of mine on the commute tmrw......

jowwy

Its more Ebike tourer than emtb now

20190226_083145.jpg

keithmac

Guru
Mine's a home built contraption using an Alfine 8 IHG coupled to a Tongsheng TSDZ2 mid-drive motor and an 14.5Ah battery, all held in place by a Planet X London Road frame.

It's been 2 years since it first hit tarmac and so far I've not experienced any problems at all. The only downside is the battery takes a good 8 hours to charge from near flat, but it's fine doing that overnight... as long a you remember to do so before going to bed

Good to here your TSDZ2 is holding up well, I have one mated to a Nuvinci 360 rear hub, goes very nicely indeed!.

D

Deleted member 23692

Good to here your TSDZ2 is holding up well, I have one mated to a Nuvinci 360 rear hub, goes very nicely indeed!.
My mate's got a Nuvinci 360 on his bafang powered home build. It's a nice piece of kit and perfectly suited for ebike usage.

I've been expecting the self-destructing blue cog syndrome, but I read on a french site that the problem is actually caused by burs on the metal motor spindle chewing up the teeth on the plastic gearwheel as they mersh. His recommendation was to take the motor apart and carefully debur it, which I did and its ben for the last 1000+ miles .

ZakVentis

Trek Powerfly7, 500W, Bosch Performance CX. Bought new 20 April 17. Almost daily use (5 miles from town in the Welsh hills). To date - 7,397 miles, motor still performing perfectly, battery down by about 15%. Max range (Sport/Tour) 42 miles (around here). Tyres Schwalbe GT365 28x2 for mixed terrain and Energize+ 28x2 (latest version) for tarmac only.

Replaced: 1 cassette, 4 chains (KMC X11-EL using Smoove Lube), 4 pairs brake pads, front hydraulic caliper and a rear wheel bearing.

Best retirement/Christmas/birthday present ever!

jowwy

Trek Powerfly7, 500W, Bosch Performance CX. Bought new 20 April 17. Almost daily use (5 miles from town in the Welsh hills). To date - 7,397 miles, motor still performing perfectly, battery down by about 15%. Max range (Sport/Tour) 42 miles (around here). Tyres Schwalbe GT365 28x2 for mixed terrain and Energize+ 28x2 (latest version) for tarmac only.

Replaced: 1 cassette, 4 chains (KMC X11-EL using Smoove Lube), 4 pairs brake pads, front hydraulic caliper and a rear wheel bearing.

Best retirement/Christmas/birthday present ever!
what welsh hills??

FoldyVee

Regular
Oh dear, I haven't got a e bike yet, doing as much research as possible before I get one. Was hoping to find some bad reports on e bikes so as to avoid but they are all good so far, must be some rubbish out there

Top Bottom