Whatcha got, hows it going ?

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by gbb, 18 Feb 2019.

1. Afnug

Afnug I'll Sithee

Skelton Grange Bridge ?

I can't believe they haven't come up with an alternative route, straight on through Thwaite Mills would be good.

2. jann71

jann71 Über Member

Bergamont ehorizon 6 2018 model.
    It has Suntour forks.

Slick likes this.
  3. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

Just need to make sure you get the right steerer tube.....taper v straight and matching axle to crown length

May need a new headset as well, but all easy jobs to do

jann71 likes this.
  4. ebikeerwidnes

ebikeerwidnes Member

Hi - just found this forum so I have joined to see what happens

I have a Powacycle Salisbury which I got in 2011 secondhand - probably built a couple of years before.
    hence it have a full speed (15.5) throttle but only one power setting - which can be a pain on canal paths on a busy day!

Still it only cost me £220 and the battery lasted another 3 years and still works for short distances. I got another which lasted 4 years or so and I have just had it recelled to 17Ah just in time for the summer

gbb likes this.
  5. Zanelad

Zanelad Über Member

Well, I've had my ebike for 2 months now. Riding to work 2 or 3 days a week. It's been great. Mine cuts in, or out at a little over 16 mph according to the display. Upon reading about them the law allows a 10 % leeway on the 15.5mph maximum assist.

Just been back for its first service and been remapped! Not sure what for, I'm hoping it's not changed the settings and it still takes me to 16mph.

Usually leave it level 2 out of 5 on the assistance settings. Getting 4 round trips to work, about 90miles before charging the battery.

theloafer and jowwy like this.
  6. jowwy

not many Pictures on this thread.......lets see what your riding and some proper out and about ride photos too

7. Jody

Jody Platinum member

Steerer tube diameter, length of travel, correct brake setup and wheel size. Beyond that it's budget and what you want out of them.

8. jowwy

Looks like a dreadful weekend weather wise again

So might be able to post updated pics of the Customised Cubes

9. Slick

Slick Veteran

20180602_163333.jpg

Mrs Slick loves hers.

theloafer and jann71 like this.
  10. Petebianchi

Petebianchi New Member

Hi Foldyvee,
    I'm new to this forum so a bit of background. have been a cyclist all my life and at 76 the days of the chain gang are long gone. Alنhough i have a couple of carbon road bikes, i have bought a Bianchi aria e bike. What fantastic fun.Went up the horseshoe pass with ease,but you still have to put some effort in., so would not suit a person who was not already a cyclist. On the flat its effortless, just turn the pedals. With electrical assist turned off it rides just like a high end road bike.The same system is used on Orbea bikes, charge lasts about 30 miles which is enough as a lot of the time its switched off so a 50 odd mile is quite feasible. Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice