Whatcha got, hows it going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jann71

Veteran
What bike do you have???

Bergamont ehorizon 6 2018 model.
It has Suntour forks.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It has Suntour forks.
Just need to make sure you get the right steerer tube.....taper v straight and matching axle to crown length

May need a new headset as well, but all easy jobs to do

Hi - just found this forum so I have joined to see what happens

I have a Powacycle Salisbury which I got in 2011 secondhand - probably built a couple of years before.
hence it have a full speed (15.5) throttle but only one power setting - which can be a pain on canal paths on a busy day!

Still it only cost me £220 and the battery lasted another 3 years and still works for short distances. I got another which lasted 4 years or so and I have just had it recelled to 17Ah just in time for the summer

Reactions: gbb

Zanelad

Guru
Well, I've had my ebike for 2 months now. Riding to work 2 or 3 days a week. It's been great. Mine cuts in, or out at a little over 16 mph according to the display. Upon reading about them the law allows a 10 % leeway on the 15.5mph maximum assist.

Just been back for its first service and been remapped! Not sure what for, I'm hoping it's not changed the settings and it still takes me to 16mph.

Usually leave it level 2 out of 5 on the assistance settings. Getting 4 round trips to work, about 90miles before charging the battery.

jowwy

not many Pictures on this thread.......lets see what your riding and some proper out and about ride photos too

Jody

Stubborn git
Do you know what I need to look for if I wanted to upgrade my forks possibly replacing with some Rox Shox ones.

Steerer tube diameter, length of travel, correct brake setup and wheel size. Beyond that it's budget and what you want out of them.

jowwy

Looks like a dreadful weekend weather wise again

So might be able to post updated pics of the Customised Cubes

Slick

Guru
It has Suntour forks.
20180602_163333.jpg

Mrs Slick loves hers.

Petebianchi

Oh dear, I haven't got a e bike yet, doing as much research as possible before I get one. Was hoping to find some bad reports on e bikes so as to avoid but they are all good so far, must be some rubbish out there
Hi Foldyvee,
I'm new to this forum so a bit of background. have been a cyclist all my life and at 76 the days of the chain gang are long gone. Alنhough i have a couple of carbon road bikes, i have bought a Bianchi aria e bike. What fantastic fun.Went up the horseshoe pass with ease,but you still have to put some effort in., so would not suit a person who was not already a cyclist. On the flat its effortless, just turn the pedals. With electrical assist turned off it rides just like a high end road bike.The same system is used on Orbea bikes, charge lasts about 30 miles which is enough as a lot of the time its switched off so a 50 odd mile is quite feasible. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
My crossfire e has suffered a tad with the long running cut out problem, you're riding along, screen goes blank, leg power only. You can usually reset without stopping, a minor nuisance so long as it doesnt happen too often. It doesnt happen for weeks, then maybe twice on a ride. Yesterday I had a job restarting it. Took it to Halfords last night, very nice fella checked the connections (I already have ) and fitted a replacement screen. See how that goes he said.
Shame it's going to chuck it down today, I would have commuted.
Around 10 months old now, over 2000 miles. No regrets, good solid bike...just wished they'd sorted the cut out problem before they put it on the market.

Last edited:

amoto65

I had a Crossfire with the same problems, I took it back and demanded a refund as the bike was not fit for purpose, then I bought the Carrera Crossfuse with the Bosch Active Line Plus system which is excellent, I suggest you demand a refund as the cut outs only get worse.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
I had a Crossfire with the same problems, I took it back and demanded a refund as the bike was not fit for purpose, then I bought the Carrera Crossfuse with the Bosch Active Line Plus system which is excellent, I suggest you demand a refund as the cut outs only get worse.
Ive heard folk say the same (refund). It may be the ultimate solution, right now its not something its suffered too much with so i'm content while i still have around 14 months warrantee on it. How long had you had yours when they refunded amoto65 ?

Just ordered a Cube Reaction Hybrid SL 500 should be here soon had one on a Demo and was very impressed with it...looking forward to getting back on the Trails and not feeling it for Day's afterwards.

Last edited:

amoto65

Had my Crossfire for about 3 months before I got a refund, if you go on the Pedelecs website you will see a long thread about Crossfire problems.

Top Bottom