What's going on at CTC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Copied text of an email that I sent to them last week:

"Hello
As you can see from this forwarded email, I joined the CTC online two months ago. Apart from this receipt for my payment, I have had nothing from you to acknowledge my membership. I haven't received a magazine, email, a list of local events or anything that would make me feel that I have joined a useful and welcoming club.

This is a pretty poor show from a membership organisation. New members should be more important to you than this.

Can you let me know what benefits my membership will bring, both to me individually and to cycling in the UK as a whole? And can you let me know why I should bother renewing my membership next year?

Regards"

They haven't responded yet, annoyingly.

My mate has been a member for years. He has recently moved house and is having tremendous difficulty getting them to change his details.

Does anyone know what's going on?

ash68

Sounds odd,I joined 1 november this year and received a welcome pack and mag. Get emails from them as well. Either I'm very lucky or you're unlucky.:biggrin:

did you contact headquarters or the membership dept.
if the latter contact headquarters. membership seem to offer a very questionable service.

CTC membership

I have had the same trouble. Phoned to join on the 9th of October and was told, you will have a welcomepack within 7 to 10 days. Hearing nothing, I phoned again on the 8th of Oct' and told sorry, and I would hear from them in 7 to 10 days. Again, I heard nothing, so phoned again a few days ago and was told sorry once again and the same thing.
today, the 3rd of Dec' I had the magazine, but still no welcome pack or card, although I was told my number on the phone.
Is this the way the CTC expects to recruit new members?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I'm a Life Member. I've always had excellent service from CTC. My mag fell thro' the letter box the other day - as usual.

I'm just wondering if all the funding they are getting from Government for things cycling is deflecting their attention away from the members. It shouldn't tho' should it.

twentysix by twentyfive said:
I'm a Life Member. I've always had excellent service from CTC. My mag fell thro' the letter box the other day - as usual.

I'm just wondering if all the funding they are getting from Government for things cycling is deflecting their attention away from the members. It shouldn't tho' should it.

It's my job to see that it doesn't. Velocipede2288 - likewise. Get in touch.

SL

Hugo15

Über Member
I had been a member for over 5 years. I sent an e-mail to check that the third party insurance covered sportives before I renewed this year as the leaflet enclosed with the membership renewal wasn't clear. Didn't hear from them, and when I chased them they just repeated what was in the leaflet. Sent off my money to British Cycling the next day.

SamNichols

I'm a member and have been since last summer. I got my stuff including card within a week. Sounds like something has gone wrong, so get in touch with HQ: you should've got yor membership number with your confirmation email, so they can easily trace you and re-send any stuff that may have been lost.

Top Bottom