what's in a name?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Mines Big-D i think prolly i was watching hunt for red october one day then cleaning my Dawes hybrid the next its a larger frame 23" so its quite big.
and so big-d

(in hunt for red october the uss dallas' nickname is big-d)

That is a sad story. Hope you weren't injured and that someone other than yourself is or has paid for Old Faithful (up to a point)" to be replaced.

Thankfully I wasn't injured :smile: A very minor scrape on my left elbow & Shoulder plus a slightly tender lower back which gives a dull ache if I sit for too long. I've got two witnesses (One of which is my next door neighbour.) that confirm the driver was completely at fault so all being well I'll succesfully claim off of the drivers insurance. My parents have kindly lent me some money towards a replacement bike pending the claim being settled.

I'm currently thinking of calling my mountain bike 'The Tank'; mainly because (To me.) it feels like I'm commuting in a tank compared to what my commute was like on my Kona and partially because I'm currently watching 'Terminator: Salvation' on Film 4 and have just watched the scene in the factory where the CGI Arnie Terminator makes an appearance; I personally think of the T800 as a tank compared to the T1000 & the TX.

I'm getting my new Road bike tomorrow afternoon; I'll give it a few days and a few bike rides before I decide what name my new bike deserves. I want to get the feel of her before deciding what name she deserves :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I name mine each time a thread like this comes up, then I forget the names, for some reason. So today, the roadie is Cheryl Cole, and the MTB is Hattie Jacques.

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

Night Train

Maker of Things
I name mine each time a thread like this comes up, then I forget the names, for some reason. So today, the roadie is Cheryl Cole, and the MTB is Hattie Jacques.

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee
I knew a chap who renamed his cats to suit the decor in his house each time he redecorated or moved the furniture around.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Well, judging from my avatar, my bike is the Great White Bird of the Galaxy. She'll do Warp 9 (down a very steep hill) and carries a full compliment of photon torpedoes for dealing with annoying chavs on scooters:whistle:

Alex11

My Saracen Tour1 is called Roge (short for Rodger!)

lejogger

Guru
The carbon Boardman was affectionately christened Carole after Chris's mother. I often see her with Keith at the Mills cafe but I haven't introduced them yet... Because i don't want to cause offence!

The CX Boardman was initially Stan, but gets called psycho a lot more these days... Psycho-cross... Cyclo-cross...

...geddit?

pally83

Über Member
The Felt is called Nellie as it was kept in the front room of the old house but no visitors ever mentioned it so my other half referred to it as the elephant in the room.

No name for the Pinarello yet.

Top Bottom