Whats in a name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearPear

Veteran
I am a "Clare" in the real world and as a luvved-up newly wed many, many years ago Mr BP used to call me Clare Bear, which evolved into BearPear which he shortens to BP which makes me smile when other people refer to me on forums as BP too!

Arch

Married to Night Train
it was a nickname I picked up at Uni, short for Archer, my surname. One day one of the lecturers decided to call the register instead of just passing it round for us to tick, and he was being cool and using our surnames, and in my case, only just managed to get the first syllable out...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
My preferred user name on C+ was taken, so I launched into TV science fiction.
Plus, I can now introduce myself by saying 'Hello - I'm TheDoctor' which is good :ohmy:
I should have called myself 'BondJamesBond' :sad:

On a forum far in the distant past someone asked why hoverflies were attracted to yellow jackets at the end of the Dun run, some one read this and brought his laptop out into the garden to get me to answer, me being the only hoverfly awake at the time, it was close to midnight. Since then I've hung around cycling forums, I don't know why, I have sod all interest in cycling.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Back in the dim and distant past I used to play Dungeons & Dragons.
Kestevan was a character I played for many years, including loads of conventions and competitions.

People who had no idea what my name was knew me as Kestevan.

I've kept the character name ever since, and it always appears to be available on forums, PS3, Online games etc. So odds are if you see a Kestevan anywhere online it will be me.

Bonus points to the first one to stab me in the back on MW2 :laugh:

Kestevan said:
Bonus points to the first one to stab me in the back on MW2 :laugh:

I just rolled a D20 and got 14, what's your saving throw?

gbb

Legendary Member
When i joined C+ i was always thinking...i want a better bike, so i called myself 'wannabettabike'
Then i got a better bike, so i changed it to 'Gotabettabike'
The move to CC saw it simplified to gbb.

Ironically, i doesnt have any relevence now and i wish i could change it, but i assume you lose the post count...and other members lose sight of who you are...or were.

But then...what would i change it to ?
I always fancied having it the same as my ebay id. Centimani...the greek god with 100 hands, which i chose because i could multitask very well.

Can't remember the exact details of how I became known as Hilldodger but it was many years ago at an early Cyclemagic/Spokesfest event after I managed to find a flatish route for a ride around the rolling hills of Leicestershire.:laugh:

ChrisKH

Guru
I'll give you a clue, I didn't make it up.

The first letter of my abbreviated surname which is double barrelled I acquired by deed poll when I got married.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I used to live on a road called Spinney Brow, and when I first signed up to a forum, decided I liked the word. I'm signed up as Spinney on several other chat boards.

Top Bottom