Whats it worth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mrs ck had her new car yesterday so i jokingly said can i have a new bike , she said yes as long as you sell one ( big mistake )
Now my current commuter has always been to big for me as i run an 80 mm stem but reckon a 70 mm would be about right . i measured 56 cm ctr to ctr top tube.
In the last year its had a new BB, headset , chain, cassette and front chain ring which was silver but i painted it black.Shifters in the photo are stock but again i painted them black to hide some scratches from an off on deisel.
Current spec
alloy frame , carbon fork , claris , r501 wheelset , i would chuck in either conti ultasport tyres or used rubino pros , has a boardman fizik clone saddle , pedals i can chuck in either m 520s or non .
Obviously i would take any rack / lights off but i have a used garmin edge 200 thats got a battery that last 3 hours or so , i know ist not brilliant but ok for commuting or sell that separately ?

No idea what its worth so i am after suggestions please.
2014-05-31 13.25.51.jpg

Last edited:
Have a look on Gumtree et. al. and see what that type of bike is going for, then pitch it at that sort of price.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Thanks all , i will be putting it up for sale soon with current piccies .
I will go down to "only" 2 bikes till C2W comes around , the cash will come in handy for something i need atm and i can use my drop bar mtb or a seatpost rack on the boardman till i get sorted.

broady

Veteran
Bet you'd get around £30 just for the garmin still on eBay.
But more importantly, what bike you looking to get then??

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Bet you'd get around £30 just for the garmin still on eBay.
But more importantly, what bike you looking to get then??
As its halfords C2W , its a toss up between a boardman team carbon and i dunno , caad 8 tiagra , i read that decathlon take halfords c2w .
Plan is to downgrade my alloy boardman to a commuter . winter bike .

Last edited:
As its halfords C2W , its a toss up between a boardman team carbon and i dunno , caad 8 tiagra , i read that decathlon take halfords c2w .
Plan is to downgrade my alloy boardman to a commuter . winter bike .

I heard that other places can take Halfords C2W as well, so as you say worth shopping about to see what you can get on your works scheme....

Mrs V mentioned she might look for a second hand N+1 as her Boardman gets serious hammer everyday and it struggles to get serviced... If it had been a 54cm I might have been interested...

EDIT: As a fellow Dacia owner......hows the new motor?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I heard that other places can take Halfords C2W as well, so as you say worth shopping about to see what you can get on your works scheme....

Mrs V mentioned she might look for a second hand N+1 as her Boardman gets serious hammer everyday and it struggles to get serviced... If it had been a 54cm I might have been interested...

EDIT: As a fellow Dacia owner......hows the new motor?
The Dacia is great , Mrs CK really likes it .
As far as the bike goes i am under 5 foot 7 " and its rides ok for me with an 80 mm stem , kept on top of servicing with BB, headset, chainrings , cassette , chains etc .
I can ride it but when i was offered the chance of a new bike that is a perfect fit without compromises what can i do :smile:
Welcome to come try it for size .

Top Bottom