Whats it worth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Dacia is great , Mrs CK really likes it .
As far as the bike goes i am under 5 foot 7 " and its rides ok for me with an 80 mm stem , kept on top of servicing with BB, headset, chainrings , cassette , chains etc .
I can ride it but when i was offered the chance of a new bike that is a perfect fit without compromises what can i do :smile:
Welcome to come try it for size .
Dropping her Boardman in at LBS today for major restoration work today:rolleyes: but she said going forward a spare bike (her words) might be the answer as she uses it everyday..... she's 5 ft 5 so thanks for the offer of a try but think it will be a tad big. glad you like the Dacia

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Dropping her Boardman in at LBS today for major restoration work today:rolleyes: but she said going forward a spare bike (her words) might be the answer as she uses it everyday..... she's 5 ft 5 so thanks for the offer of a try but think it will be a tad big. glad you like the Dacia
No problem, it was worth a shot but it would be too big .

davidphilips

Veteran
looks a great bike for very little money, if i was selling it i would consider removing the computer guards and rack as you are likely to get as much for the bike without them fitted just think how much you would have to pay for a new rack and guards, good luck with sale.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

looks a great bike for very little money, if i was selling it i would consider removing the computer guards and rack as you are likely to get as much for the bike without them fitted just think how much you would have to pay for a new rack and guards, good luck with sale.
Next job mate , just come off nights so in the process of waking up properly and kids want to go swimming, house needs cleaning etc ............

13 rider

Guru
Pedal power bike shop in Loughborough accept halfords c2w vouchers . Trek dealer and I believe they also sell giants . Websites no brilliant .I could pop in to see what they sell if you want or @tallliman may be able to tell us

Yeah, pedal power are mainly a Trek dealer but are very good. By that I mean they answer my silly questions nicely without issues and happily chat. I believe the owner works for the British Tri team. Not sure about the Giants but they certainly have a good few bikes in there.

If you want something more interesting, they've offered to spec me a bike to a given price on c2w before!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Yeah, pedal power are mainly a Trek dealer but are very good. By that I mean they answer my silly questions nicely without issues and happily chat. I believe the owner works for the British Tri team. Not sure about the Giants but they certainly have a good few bikes in there.

If you want something more interesting, they've offered to spec me a bike to a given price on c2w before!
Had a look and about the only thing i would be interested in in trek would be an emonda alr tiagra although i am not sure it would be any better than what o originally liked which seems to be on "offer " permanently at £800
https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/boardman-team-carbon-2016-road-bike-first-ride-review.html

13 rider

Guru
Doing a bit of internet surfing last night looked at Evans website to check if they took halfords vouchers they don't . But someone replied to the question stating Halfords could order in any bike for you . May be worth asking at Halfords if this is correct which then opens multiple options

vickster

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
Team carbon new model out looks the same as the old one with a new paint job but back to 1k :sad: , contacted halfords c2w to see if they can get a triban 560 which is pretty much the same spec but £800
What do Ribble, Dolan or PX have?

I doubt Halfords will source from Decathlon, but do Decathlon take Halfords vouchers?

Can't get the outgoing team carbon before they run out? Credit/cash rather than C2W?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I doubt Halfords will source from Decathlon, but do Decathlon take Halfords vouchers?

Can't get the outgoing team carbon before they run out? Credit/cash rather than C2W?
No to the latter

They dont stock decathlon :sad: , only way im allowed is c2w , the price hike means an extra £10 ish a month ., dolan take vouchers but the cheapest they do is £1k in carbon so i might have to suck it up
Oddly both old and new pics come up on halfords , new one is white and just listed as team carbon, old one is listed as team carbon 2016 , i know you dont like black but i think i prefer the black one?

175111?w=637&h=403.jpg
310409.jpg

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Cheers @vickster , contacted them already i am just hoping they have it still in stock when C2W comes along , if not i will have to go for the white/grey and the extra £200 is about another £12 a month .
Decathlon dont take our C2W , unless anyone can suggest an alternative at full rrp that i can use the vouchers on i guess it what i will go for.

Top Bottom