What's missing from this article?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
For some it can be the fact that they have to provide the power that puts them off even considering it.
Pracitaclities rarely get a look in.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
For some it can be the fact that they have to provide the power that puts them off even considering it.
Pracitaclities rarely get a look in.
True, but I don't think aversion to exercise is an issue with this guy, given how much walking he does. It just baffles me that he (apparently) never considered cycling, or at least the article never mentions it, anyway.

classic33

Leg End Member
I know a few runners that wouldn't dream of walking the half mile to the start of a race/training run, and back home again. They'll use the car, but will quite happily go running every evening.
Unless they're racing the same day.

What I don't get is the timings.. If his shift is 2-10pm, and he walks the 7km to the bus stop, why is he getting the 1am bus?

At the end of his 2-10pm shift.... he walks 7km from the factory to a bus stop...there he catches the last bus of the day, just before 1am...

If my bike was not available to me, I used to walk to work 9km each way across open, muddy fields and woodland paths... It didn't take 3 hours each way! I could usually do it in 1hr 15mins.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
They've raised $120k for this guy. I wish I could find people that stupid. No one would raise an eyebrow at someone riding 21 miles a day to work. When he was a child, my dad used to walk 6 miles each way to primary school.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
We all like cycling, or we wouldn't be here.
Many people don't. Get over it.
Sorry, but I think your point is invalid. There's no mention of whether this guy likes walking, or likes driving, either, but he still seems to think those are his only two options. I find it odd that many people simply don't think of cycling as a transport option. Instead, it's "something that kids grow out of".

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Sorry, but I think your point is invalid. There's no mention of whether this guy likes walking, or likes driving, either, but he still seems to think those are his only two options. I find it odd that many people simply don't think of cycling as a transport option. Instead, it's "something that kids grow out of".
Many people don't like cycling because they simply don't like it, just like many people don't like football, snooker or marmite. You can't force your own interests on everyone else, we're all different.

And this gut clearly likes walking.

Top Bottom