What's my discipline?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CJMac

CJMac

What's this "season" you talk about. Cycling is 24/7 all year long.

There are only seasons if you compete.

Well I was just referring to time next year when the weather is nicer and the nights aren't as dark and I can be out on the bike longer. The time when I will have hopefully made some progress from where I am now.

Apologies for my generalisation and loose usage of the word 'season'; I'm putting that down to being a beginner and still learning the ropes on everything.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Forgiven:smile:

Seriously though the weather does not stop many on here, cycling is part of your life and again for many their only form of transport. If it's not raining and you wrap up well get out there this winter. Im hoping for a dry, crisp winter which will mean i will still be able to do the same amount of cycling as i do now.The challenge should be keeping the amount of days on the turbo down to a minimum and maximising your opportunities for going out.

Enjoy the ride and relish the freedom.

OP
OP
CJMac

CJMac

I will be doing that as much as possible but unfortunately I work 9-5 Monday-Friday and the roads I train on where I live aren't lit well enough to be able to go out with lights and get sufficient training in during the winter when it is dark so through the week I shall be on the turbo trainer after work; building up to hopefully getting as much time as possible out on the bike at the weekends! My friend calls this being a 'weekend warrior'.

OP
OP
CJMac

CJMac

The latter currently applies as my lights are good enough to be seen with in the dark but not good enough to flood the road in front of me in light. At the minute though I still have time for an hour or so's worth of riding once I'm home from work so I'll get a couple more weeks of proper midweek riding out of the current weather and daylight hours yet!

Top Bottom