What's on at the cinema?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I've got friends up this weekend and bearing in mind my temporary cripple status, I'm not much good at walking places so thought we might go to the cinema. Anything good on???

We went to see Juno last night. Absolutely brilliant, would hugely recommend it!!

simonali

Guru
That one about the pregnant teenager is supposed to be good.

simonali

Guru
That was supposed to be an attempt at humour. :biggrin:

If you were there only last night did you not see out of your own eyes what else was on?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My ladywife went to see The Kite Runner yesreday and rated it highly. She also liked the Balloon and Belljar(???) one but it's a weepie

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
simonali said:
That was supposed to be an attempt at humour. :huh:

If you were there only last night did you not see out of your own eyes what else was on?

Sorry....me being obtuse. :wacko:

I didn't actually notice much else that was on. Seen Cloverfield? That seemed to be the only other thing that might be good.

k-dog

I went to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets at the weekend and found it surprisingly good.

Nothing special, just good entertainment. We just turned up with no plans and saw what was showing next and it worked out well.

simonali

Guru
Last film I saw at the cinema was Spider-Man (1!).

SamNichols

The Savages, good and in a similar (but more cheerless vein) to Juno.
There Will Be Blood (comes out tomorrow, and is all set for Oscars), The Diving Bell and The Butterfly, and No Country For Old Men.
There you go, a few recommendations for you.

SamNichols

If you don't see it as a film, but as a series of Caprices around the idea of Bob Dylan (not Bob Dylan himself), then it's good; it's well-shot, but don't expect a coherent film. But, at least it's a different version of the concept of the Biopic, which is getting more than slightly annoying of late, and explores the character of Dylan a bit more fully than say Ali did of its subject.

Top Bottom