What's the best dunky biscuit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bourbons, Hobnobs and Digestives. The reason? You only need one cup of tea to do a whole packet of biscuits. :ohmy:
(Un)Fortunately those days (tea breaks) are long gone. 🫖🍪

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've heard that you can use a Cadbury's Finger as a straw to suck tea through.
Not for very long, though, because it collapses.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Rich tea, in tea.
"A one shecond dunk only pleashe"

Screenshot_20211102-123054_Google.jpg

A typical Spanish breakfast consists of churros freshly fried donuts and thick hot chocholate in which both are ruined by dunking.

I was at university with a bloke who used to dunk a Mars bar and then suck the tea off it:eek:

He has been a chaplin at a school for a long time now - probably to attone for the above!
There was a girl at my university famous for the suggestive way she ate Mars bars.

figbat

Slippery scientist
For shop-bought biscuits, it has to be the humble Rich Tea, dunked in tea. A digestive in coffee is also good but fraught with risk.

For a wider scope of "biscuit" then biscotti takes the biscuit. Dunkable in any medium for any length of time, good up-soak, great structural integrity and a decent mouthful too.

For shop-bought biscuits, it has to be the humble Rich Tea, dunked in tea. A digestive in coffee is also good but fraught with risk.

For a wider scope of "biscuit" then biscotti takes the biscuit. Dunkable in any medium for any length of time, good up-soak, great structural integrity and a decent mouthful too.
Are those the ones that you get with coffee in posh places??

they are good in black coffee (and all coffee should be black - that's just how it is!!)

Fisher, L. Physics takes the biscuit. Nature 397, 469 (1999).

...the Washburn equation, derived2 in 1921 to describe capillary flow in porous materials:

41586_1999_Article_BF17203_Equ1_HTML.png

where t is the time for a liquid of viscosity η and surface tension γ to penetrate a distance Linto a fully wettable, porous material whose average pore diameter is D. The equation is strictly true only for capillary flow in a single cylindrical tube in the absence of gravitational effects, but can be extremely accurate for more complex materials, including, as I found experimentally, biscuits.

Top Bottom