Whats the best Sunday roast ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Can't beat roast leg of mince.

davdandy

I prefer something spicy or foreign to be honest.I dont get off on the Sunday roast at all.I eat it but cant say i look forward to it if i`m honest
In fact i find it rather dull.

slowwww

Veteran
[QUOTE 3724232, member: 259"]I'm sure sous-vide is great for lots of stuff, but surely you don't need to bother with all that faffing around for a rib of beef - just roasting it is dead easy and you get proper drippings for your yorkshire puds.[/QUOTE]
Mort, I get that and I will freely admit to something bordering on obsession when I first got it such that I seeking ways of using it for every meal, but as I love red meat rare I can't resist using it for roasts too

slowwww

Veteran
I will need to remortgage my house!
What do you reckon to this;http://www.thehut.com/kitchen-appliances/giles-and-posner-sous-vide/10666707.html
Ignoring the price stated in this review as £74 is achievable;
http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2014/02/test/sous-vide-cookers
Is the stated fault that bad?
If the only issue is with the poor lid fit, then the price difference between that and the others on test would buy you a helluva lot of cling film to seal it every time!

Lullabelle

Banana
TVC's sunday roast

DSCN1960.JPG

Mrs M

Guru
Mmmmm :hungry:
This gets my vote.

Reactions: TVC

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Fore-rib of beef, 2 days in the Sous-vide at 56.5 deg. and then quick caramelising of the skin with a plumbers blowtorch.
Goose fat roast spuds and parsnips, each with a smear of marmite after par-boiling, gravy with juices from the sous-vide bag, steamed broccoli and carrots and peas.
Lashings of horseradish.

Middle-class post of the year contender. Docked a point for a missing 'jus' infringement.

Top Bottom