What's the collective noun for bike flight cases?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20170430_150934811.jpg

IMG_20170430_151002673.jpg

BA check-in and the queue for outsize luggage, Palma airport. The day after a closed road sportive. We were almost the only people with only suitcases.

What's the collective noun for a bike flight cases?
I've no idea TBH, but FWIW I've used one of those BIKE BOXES and would recommend them 100%, they're a fantastic piece of kit :okay:

User269

A "double queue" I would say; first you queue at the normal check in desk, drop off any normal hold luggage and get your boarding pass, then get sent to the 'oversized luggage' drop off where you queue again. At the other end you're likely to have to collect normal luggage from the carousel before searching for the 'oversized luggage' pick up, so you actuallyend up queueing 4 times.

So, a 4x4 of bike cases? A Quadruple Queue of bike cases, a QQQQ? QED.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've no idea TBH, but FWIW I've used one of those BIKE BOXES and would recommend them 100%, they're a fantastic piece of kit :okay:

I disagree. I have one that has a bloody great hole in where the supplied support pole has poked a hole right through the side of it. This happened on a flight to New York, the case was hired for the Fragrant MrsP's bike. We had to fashion a bodge job for the return home.

BA insurance paid the hire company for a replacement. A few days later BA returned the broken case to us.

Im my experience the BB Alan is overrated, the soft bike bag I used was much better, lighter and fitted in the car.

As for a collective noun.

A Nuisance of bike boxes.

A pain of of bike boxes.

I disagree. I have one that has a bloody great hole in where the supplied support pole has poked a hole right through the side of it. This happened on a flight to New York, the case was hired for the Fragrant MrsP's bike. We had to fashion a bodge job for the return home.

BA insurance paid the hire company for a replacement. A few days later BA returned the broken case to us.

Im my experience the BB Alan is overrated, the soft bike bag I used was much better, lighter and fitted in the car.

As for a collective noun.

A Nuisance of bike boxes.

A pain of of bike boxes.
A soft bag might be more convenient but its not better with the muppets at some airports, I've seen a few folks bikes wrecked, I hope you remain lucky however!

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Turns out that the bikes arrive quickly at Heathrow, and get their own parking area by the carousel.
IMG_20170430_181636780.jpg

IMG_20170430_181225008.jpg

IMG_20170430_181959953.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A soft bag might be more convenient but its not better with the muppets at some airports, I've seen a few folks bikes wrecked, I hope you remain lucky however!

Well the soft bag was much better than the bike box Alan on the same trip.

Well the soft bag was much better than the bike box Alan on the same trip.
A soft case is much more convenient, there's no doubting that, but I can understand why folk use hard cases (myself included) as Ive seen the damage that baggage handlers can do. I just hope you don't :becool:

Top Bottom