What's the common setting used on washing machines for cycle gear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

>What's the common setting used on washing machines for cycle gear?

I always wash my stuff really low BUT I wash ALL CLOTHES on a low setting as I beleive that hot washes shrink your stuff ESPECIALLY cycling gear !

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Plax said:
Well to completely detract from the subject, all my bras say handwash only. No blimmin way I'm handwashing a load of bras every week. I just stick them all in a pillow case with the normal wash and they've all been fine. So you could always stick any handwash stuff in a pillow case, although I suspect the bra's is the pillow case is mainly to stop the underwire bit escaping and damaging the drum or something.

Can I mix my own bras with my cycle kit though ? :wacko::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Stu99

Über Member
I'd go for handwash option.

If you want an ecofriendly (i.e. non-biological) detergent option then Ecocover delicate (liquid) is brilliant stuff suitable for machine and hand washing. Available at Tesco.

Danny

Legendary Member
On a slightly different tack this discussion prompted me to look closely at the care instructions on the label on my Endura shorts.

It actually recommends that you should "Drip dry only out of direct sunlight", presumably because UV rays will make the fabric deteriorate quicker.

This prompts two questions:

1. Should this advice be followed for any cycle clothing made from artificial material

2. Doesn't riding the clothing in direct sunlight have the same affect?

Plax

Guru
goo_mason said:
Can I mix my own bras with my cycle kit though ? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just be careful that the fastner bit of the bras don't get caught on some clothing, don't want your best kit snagged! ;):biggrin:

Top Bottom