What's the farthest you have ridden on a hybrid bicycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philk56

Guru
I've ridden London to Paris on my Marin Fairfax. My son then took the bike to Vienna where he lived for a while and then cycled back to London on it. I've now got a road bike but would still be happy riding a long distance on the Marin. In my view it's whatever you're comfortable with.

markharry66

Über Member
Only 40 odd miles but only had it just over a month every time want to go for a long ride something seems to come up.

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
110 miles on my Marin in one hit. Over 1000 miles over a few weeks in SE Asia.
Nowt wrong with a hybrid, and nothing about them that would make them unsuitable for long distance. And at least they're comfy :smile:

Completely agree, it's so nice having a gel seat for a change, also being able to mash through water, gravel and road without a care or worry!

We just hired a pair of bikes from the B&B we were staying at and they were standard 'X-Fact' ones, no idea if they were good or bad, but they did the job!

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Erm i think they could be mountains ^_^

Ah, apologies, they were mountains - if you ever want hill climbing or mountain climbing practice, feel free to go to Austria, you might still find my lungs and heart about 1/2 way up one of them.

Freepost back to me :P

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Furthest so far in one go on my Whyte Coniston is 58.8. I intend to do more on it, it was bought for touring but thus far I have not done a tour.

I used to have a Marin hybrid and the furthest in one day on that was about 80 miles.

Top Bottom