Whats the fastest you've been on a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
44mph down a hill on my first ever club ride. Want to do that hill again, i know how to go down it faster know;)

LLB

42mph off Leckhampton Hill, but the road has a blind bend in it and then runs into a 30mph limit which resembles the Himalayas :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
andyfromotley said:
and where if you want.

43 MPH ...road down into asquith...... fine until i realiased i had no helmet on!

andy

Why were you worried about not having a helmet on? Above 12 mph it make little or no difference. RLJ is far more dangerous...

dodgy

According to Sporttracks, 39mph going down the Horseshoe Pass in North Wales, surprised it wasn't higher to be honest. I've recorded higher speeds in my reckless youth flying down roads such as Winnats Pass on the MTB, but no evidence for that I'm afraid (pre mobile phones, pre sat nav, ah....bliss :biggrin: ).

Dave.

Odyssey

I just broke my speed record the other day (although I haven't had a computer for long). 43mph on a mountain bike down the biggest, baddest hill I could find. Couldn't stop at the bottom though and missed my turn off.

I thought I had a contender of a hill today but it was disapointing. 37.5 into a mild head wind :biggrin:

I'm eager to get on a road bike now and break the 45mph barrier, but I don't think I'll be happy until I reach 50. I know a hill that might do it, but I'm not convinced that stopping before the t-junction at the bottom is even possible at those speeds.

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

Odyssey said:
I'm eager to get on a road bike now and break the 45mph barrier, but I don't think I'll be happy until I reach 50. I know a hill that might do it, but I'm not convinced that stopping before the t-junction at the bottom is even possible at those speeds.

It's that attitude that made britian great sir.Hit the 50 then worry about the t junction. With luck you wont catch mrsa during your hospital stay. Good luck.

Video it will you?

monnet

Guru
83k (just over 50mph) coming off Harris End with a tailwind - all was well until I remembered that it's an unfenced road and sheep have a habit of wandering out to scare the bejesus out of cyclists.

byegad

Legendary Member
47mph with my backside 8" off the ground is WAY fast! Trice QNT dropping down to Shaftoe House past Whitworth House outside Spennymoor. It curves a bit and is breathtaking to ride and reasonably safe as there are no junctions.

Top Bottom