Whats the fastest you've been on a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
andyfromotley said:
and where if you want.

43 MPH ...road down into asquith...... fine until i realiased i had no helmet on!

andy

When my dad was a kid, he went down the hill from Snowden Top into Askwith on the back of a tandem with his dad on the front. On the way down they passed a car. My dad saw the speedo as they went past and it was reading 55mph. They must have been doing maybe 65.:smile: No helmets in those days either.

yenrod

bonj said:
Let's stay with the true and not get the temptation to verge into bollocks with this thread.

Bonj - do you actually ride as you're starting to do my head in with this dis-belief stuff.

I've had 52mph..on a slicked-up MTB. Had 46mph in the wet..that was interesting...:smile:

There is no way I'm taking a pic of that BOnj - as you need to get a life bleedng life or actually BUY a bike !

Find an appropriate 1:4 or steeper and your 'away...

User said:
My fastest recorded speed is 53 mph. However, there was one descent where I was without a computer but I reckon I was doing faster than my current record.

That doesn't count. The extra weight of your diving gear will make you go faster....and no computer....Tut.

biking_fox

Guru
Low 40s a few times. Mostly limited by knowing there's a T junction and or dodgy bends. Why do road designers put T junctions at the bottom / middle of hills. It's just annoying.

Pottsy

I've done 54.5 mph, and that's true. TdF cyclists regularly hit 60mph in the mountains.

And I don't care if bonj believes me or not.

yenrod

Pottsy said:
I've done 54.5 mph, and that's true. TdF cyclists regularly hit 60mph in the mountains.

And I don't care if bonj believes me or not.

I'd like to see proof of these TdF stories which Ive heard in the past too Potts...

I dont dis-beleive but evidence would be good..just out of interest.

Pottsy

yenrod said:
I'd like to see proof of these TdF stories which Ive heard in the past too Potts...

I dont dis-beleive but evidence would be good..just out of interest.

Fair enough. I have no proof other than hearing on the commentary on TV. The support motorcyclists can clearly see what speed they're doing to keep up and therefore must have an accurate idea of how fast they're going. I'll have a look on google...

spindrift

The Tourmalet descent often reaches 40mph. It's loose scree, or was when I was there, one mistake and

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Top speed was going out of Chamonix on the E25 on a fully loaded tourer - 63mph (101kph).

That's TWICE the prevailing speed limit. I've never got anywhere near that sort of ratio ever again...

S

Top Bottom