What's the most disgusting thing you've eaten?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recall mum stinking the house out cooking tripe for the dog when I was a kid, but she never cooked any for us. I once avoided scorpion because I was hungry and didn't want to end up with something I couldn't eat, but I wish I'd tried it now, I did try swordfish though, which was very good. I wish I'd reied the kangaroo steaks when I saw them in Tesco, but they were #@!* expensive!

Ashens channel on YouTube posts some quite entertaining ones:
Tinned chicken
Tinned cheeseburger

Last time I was at Oxford Hostel a Chinese family who were on their way home gave me a load of their unwanted snacks. They were in packets like salted peanuts etc, and very tasty, but as I don't read Chinese I've no idea what they were. They could have been deep fried locusts or something for all I know.

Stuff I don't like:
Marzipan (but almonds are ok)
Beetroot
Celery
Cake (but chocolate cake's ok)
Cocoa
Cooked coconut (but raw is ok, and so are Bounty bars)
Jammy dodgers
Fig rolls
Jaffa cakes

Which reminds me, I once poked a hole in a coconut, drained the milk out, drank it, then broke the coconut open.
My advice would be open the cocnut first, as this one was rotten inside, and completely black instead of white.

This cocnut was interesting, the shell came off in three pieces, leaving the flesh inside in one unbroken piece, just like taking the shell off a hard boiled egg:
View attachment 672477

Saw a lady on a street corner today with 3 large metal buckets, one full of pigs trotters, one full of livers and one full of tripe. She was waving flies away with a broom . No takers apart from the flies . H&S regs does not really apply here.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
xx(xx(xx(

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Haggis - not fit even for dogs.

How to insult a nation and their national dish in 6 words!

I get some people don’t like it but no need for that post, especially from a mod.
Mod Note:
Sorry @Regular.Cyclist if you feel your national food identity insulted by one of the CC Mod's team :sad:
I love haggis myself :smile:
But ... I'm really sorry to say that I can't abide Irn' Bru :cry:(vile imo)

PK99

Legendary Member
Haggis - not fit even for dogs.

I beg to disagree.

I did "Haggis Neeps and Tatties Dauphinoise" for 2022 Burns' Night for my local Malt Group - it was fantastic, even the guy who has avoided Haggis every year for 30 years was persuaded to have a taste and loved it!

Top Bottom