What's the oldest bike you own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
The Constellation...
P9260206.jpg

porteous

Veteran
1948 Rudge clubman, a small (21") frame and a lovely ride.
Bikes - Nicky and Clubman 016.JPG

pubrunner

Legendary Member
The rides are often short and very slow with 2-3 or more stops. I must say that I have enjoyed all the rides I have been on, you just have to change your mindset and enjoy the bikes, people, countryside and beer. Then you take the long way home flat out to try and work off the food and beer.

That's exactly the experience that I've had with V-CC rides. The ones that I've been on, have been very (almost painfully) slow and rather short. Hardly surprising though, 'cos it is quite common on V-CC rides, for members to turn up on vintage shopping bikes - complete with wicker baskets. As stevevw mentions, on these rides it is probably best to 'enjoy the bikes, people, countryside and beer'.

Paulwho100

I have a 1973 Raleigh road bike and has never had any problems with it and since getting it earlier this year I have done over 1500 miles on it

Cavalol

Guru
That Rudge is lovely!

My oldest is a circa 1955 Harry Hall, but I'm working on getting something a fair bit older soon-ish.

BigAl68

Über Member
Up until two weeks ago my oldest bike was 2007 but I recently took ownership of a Ken Bird time trial frame from 1980 and I am currently waiting on delivery from numerous ebayers lots of golden arrow bits. I am hoping to pick up some nice french tubs in the new year to finish it off.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1972 Raleigh Grand Prix, built by Carlton if the old crank spindle is to be believed. Now cotterless, and due for an upgrade of some Viscount parts over the winter, unless something else happens along. May also have a line on a Record from that period.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
1972 Raleigh Grand Prix, built by Carlton if the old crank spindle is to be believed. Now cotterless, and due for an upgrade of some Viscount parts over the winter, unless something else happens along. May also have a line on a Record from that period.
If the frame No starts with a W its a Worksop (Carlton) build for sure, but they may have used different numbering on the export models.

Top Bottom