What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1836

Über Member
Pair of Velochamp World Cup sunglasses
velochamp-sunnies-300x200.jpg
to match my new bike
cube_agree_c62_sl_team_wanty_mens_road_bike_2017_2.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Postie brought me a fake white leather flip case for my new phone. It is the case that the eBay store had sent me a message about telling me that it was out of stock, several days after I had ordered it.

I have been away and I had been waiting until I got back to claim a refund.

The new phone is a replacement for the old one which I broke by dropping it. The back and sides of its case are made of beautiful polished metal but it is horribly slippery so it was only a matter of time before I dropped this phone too. I was desperate to get a protective case for it and bought a similar one from a market stall in Coventry while I was away!

So, I now have 2 cases for the one phone. I'll keep the spare one in case I ever damage the one that I am using. It is annoying though, especially since the £4 one from eBay is nicer than the £7 one bought from the market stall.

Both cases are a vertical flip type. The old phone's case opened horizontally, book-style. I found the top of that case got in the way when I was making calls or taking photos. The vertical flip-style is much better - the top hangs down when making calls (acting as a wind-break for the microphone when making calls outdoors in windy conditions) and it gives me a better grip on the phone when taking photos.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A 64 GB Class 10 micro SD card for my new phone.

Micro SD card Class 10 64 GB.jpg

The phone has been updated to Android Marshmallow which has the long-overdue feature of allowing the card to be formatted in such a way that it is treated as part of the internal memory of the phone. On my old phone I was restricted in what I could put on the SD card. Photos and music were fine but a lot of apps wouldn't work from external storage. I had over 25 GB free externally but ran out internally, which was extremely annoying!

There was also a 4 GB limit on file size, whereas now there isn't. That may sound like a lot of space but I have a 10 GB file with a 1:25,000 OS Explorer map of Britain in it. On the old phone I would have had to split the country up into 3 big blocks to get the files down to a manageable size. I just copied the file over as it was. I now have full OS coverage of Britain on my phone at 4 different scales - amazing! Huge files are also handy when recording long HD videos.

I will use the phone's mapping on walks and for backup on bike rides.

Top Bottom