What's the ugliest road racing bike then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

The other ugly bike is also a Condor. Condor manage a rather sh!tty line of best sh!t brown paint jobbie for a bike.. can't remember the name of the model, but it was at last year's and the year before bike show in London. Blecchh...

stevenb

Pete said:
errrr.... haven't I seen one like this somewhere recently? SimonL¼ can you shed any light on this (but not too close the frame!)?

I remember the Kirk bikes...crap magnesium frames that weighed more than a lugged steel frame....and flexed too much...:tongue:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
derall said:
How can you say that Waffles, I love the Paris!

Well I voted de Rosa for the sexiest bike, and I have to vote de Rosa for the ugliest bike.

You know when you've been Tango'd
derosatango_yell.jpg

Yep
That De Rosa is truly the worst, can see no charm or aethetic at all. Much the same goes for all these weirdy melted looking carbon jobs from Pinarello, Bianchi and the like.

The Paris is quirky and has history...it's OK.
Flying gates are certainly ugly...but curious at least. I can't quite get excited about the overall look of a Curly Hetchins either ( probably about to get lynched at this point).
The Kirk Precision is OK in my book too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rhythm Thief said:
I'm not a fan of the curly Hetchins either. Seems to be a solution looking for a problem to me, never a good thing in terms of design. And, I once met a bloke riding one and he was an utter tool. So there.

We'll burn in bicycle hell for such heresy...

simonali

Guru
jashburnham said:
Philistine.

Is that latin for "I agree with you?"? :ohmy:

red_tom said:
As a companion to the other thread.

Softride fixie conversion.

Softride_Fixed1.sized.jpg

xx(:smile: Softrides are horrible!!

Out on a club run we came across another small group, one rider was on a Softride. It looked so unstable and he was bouncing up and down like a jack in the box. What they say about improved cornering on their website is total tosh, he was wiggling through every corner, and as soon as things got fast he would be going backwards.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Whilst undoubtedly Thorns are the epitome of Soviet Tractor chic, for complete pig ugliness, it has to be Floyd Landis's Phonak BMC bike.

It's not just the clunky design and the horrid colour scheme, but also their enduring association with the complete toss pot that is Floyd Landis.

Top Bottom