What's the ugliest road racing bike then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
red_tom said:
TT version is even better

103193233_dd4c04fc14.jpg
He got bananas for feet and a prolapsed rectum :wacko:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Leave Thorns alone! My racing-green Sports Tour is rakishly handsome.

If he were human, he would look thus.....

2716486.jpg

Will1985

Über Member
SamNichols said:
I'm not sure who it is, and I prefer not to encourage violence...

But, that guy rightly deserves a good kicking for that outfit and that bike.

That is Landis in his mantis position - looks early on in the season too as when I saw his bike up close at the Tour, he had an absolutely massive solid carbon 56t crankset.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
John the Monkey said:
The Plug? It got decent reviews at t'other place in both '07 and '08 models. Lovely looking bike that, although fixed isn't my thing...
Not tried fixed meself... would be interesting, no doubt... that review criticises the bike for practicality/adaptability, so looks like it might be a fashion statement sort of bike....

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Fnaar said:
...would be interesting, no doubt... that review criticises the bike for practicality/adaptability, so looks like it might be a fashion statement sort of bike....

Reading the review, that seems to be because you can't fit mudguards (fair point mebbe), and there's no gear hanger (thought that was the point :smile: )

I guess one option is to buy an old frame and do a conversion yourself...

SamNichols

Isn't the plug deliberately low-tech, I thought they stripped it down totally to keep it cheap, and it is primarily for use as an urban run-around. As it is, it is a bit of a fashion statement, with those annoying handle bars that most of the posey fixie types seem to have these days.
This winter hasn't seen much need for mud guards anyway, even Manchester has been pretty dry for the most part.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
SamNichols said:
This winter hasn't seen much need for mud guards anyway, even Manchester has been pretty dry for the most part.

we are talking about Manchester, England, aren't we?

I can't remember being dry for most of January.... :smile:

SamNichols

There were a few days of heavy rain in January, but mostly it has simply been grey. Manchester always seems to be raining, but in fact it doesn't more than any other: I think it's due to it being an industrial city and it has a certain grey to it all the time. February's weather has been superb so far. I'm pretty sure it's a sign of the coming apocalypse

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Disgruntled Goat said:
May I ask what you liked about it?

I liked the London Underground motif on the paintwork and the way the two brake levers were positioned closed to the stem on the handlebars.

Top Bottom