What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Put some fuel in last Friday whilst we were out, tried to call at the Costco in Sheffield, but they were queued for over a 1/4 back up the road, gridlocking the whole place, so we managed to get past & put some in for £179.9 at a Shell garage. Had to go back out again today to Sheffield, we've done a far bit of mileage (for us anyway) this week so decided to call back round to see if the queues were as bad. Nowhere near & virtually drove straight onto a pump, £156.9, 23p per litre cheaper.

If Costco can sell what is supposed to be Premium diesel for £156.9 why are the others charging so much, pretty sure it's not a loss leader as most were filling up & driving away not going into the store.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Put some fuel in last Friday whilst we were out, tried to call at the Costco in Sheffield, but they were queued for over a 1/4 back up the road, gridlocking the whole place, so we managed to get past & put some in for £179.9 at a Shell garage. Had to go back out again today to Sheffield, we've done a far bit of mileage (for us anyway) this week so decided to call back round to see if the queues were as bad. Nowhere near & virtually drove straight onto a pump, £156.9, 23p per litre cheaper.

If Costco can sell what is supposed to be Premium diesel for £156.9 why are the others charging so much, pretty sure it's not a loss leader as most were filling up & driving away not going into the store.

Costco up here is the same busy busy busy with folk fuelling up . As for the other fuel sellers , some are absolutely ripping it . Central Scotland , Grangemouth slap bang in the middle , where the majority of fuel is made and sold, the variance in price is crazy right across the region. Pure profiteering IMO .

Chislenko

Veteran
Re Costco.

The petrol station opens prior to the store so if you go early morning the queues are not nearly so bad.

D

Deleted member 26715

Re Costco.

The petrol station opens prior to the store so if you go early morning the queues are not nearly so bad.

Ours is over 20 miles away, we wouldn't normally use it unless we are going over that way, last week was to take a new MacBook into the Apple shop to see if they could repair it, this week it was to go back to replace it under DOA

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
142.7 @ Red House A43 yesterday..

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yes it was the same earlier today

I couldn't get in there yesterday on my way to work, it was rammed! It's not a big place but all pumps were in use with a queue just back onto the main A43. I just turned right to Orlingbury and got out of the danger zone!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I couldn't get in there yesterday on my way to work, it was rammed! It's not a big place but all pumps were in use with a queue just back onto the main A43. I just turned right to Orlingbury and got out of the danger zone!

1.436 at Tesco's
Yes not a big forecourt area for such a busy road

Top Bottom