What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Sudden jump in prices locally - another 8p per litre on diesel in the past week, so £1.919 per litre at the Co-Op station today. Even the Applegreen cheapie in Ipswich had upped theirs to £1.869 per litre when I went past midweek.

Similar increase in petrol as well.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sudden jump in prices locally - another 8p per litre on diesel in the past week, so £1.919 per litre at the Co-Op station today. Even the Applegreen cheapie in Ipswich had upped theirs to £1.869 per litre when I went past midweek.

Similar increase in petrol as well.
I wonder whether it's the time lag for the Truss trough in the Pound/Dollar rate. Petrol trades in dollars, so if the fuel was bought then, it would be more expensive. If that's what's going on, it should be a temporary blip. The Pound has recovered since she went.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I wonder whether it's the time lag for the Truss trough in the Pound/Dollar rate. Petrol trades in dollars, so if the fuel was bought then, it would be more expensive. If that's what's going on, it should be a temporary blip. The Pound has recovered since she went.

It's got to be something like that as the oil prices have stabilsed recently and the fuel price at the Co-Op has been the same since my last post on the 22nd Sept. Let's see if the price comes back down during November/December.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ta. I'm not going past there during the day at the mo and they don't display prices when they're shut!

That's very true price is only up when open

What's with the big difference in petrol v diesel prices these days? At some point the mpg element will make petrol the better option but guess we are not there yet?

D

Deleted member 26715

What's with the big difference in petrol v diesel prices these days? At some point the mpg element will make petrol the better option but guess we are not there yet?

Around 10% 15p(ish) not sure what a Rav4 with the 2L petrol will do MPG but I can't see it being 45MPG which it would have to do to be cheaper than pur 2.3 Diesel, that will do 55MPG & even 50MPG around the village going to see to the horses.

Top Bottom