What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
There certainly are fairly big regional variations...my local has dropped again to £1.69 for E10..

Chislenko

Veteran
The petrol / diesel disparity appears to be getting wider.

Passed a fuel station in Whitchurch tonight

Petrol.....154.7
Diesel.....183.9.

Just shy of 30p a litre extra for diesel!!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
E10 still @ 199.9 ppl on the motorways but, strangely, the Shell garage by J15 is about 174.9 I think. That's cheaper than rip-off Tesco a few miles up the road!

Tuesday 30th

I thought pumps, even ‘attendant activated’ only went up to £100?!

BSB Motors
Altofts Road
Normanton
Wakefield

NO!!!!!!!!:eek:
It wasn't after I filled up, it was the previous users total

B538BEA1-A30D-428B-86DC-9697B6764673.jpeg

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/363055

gbb

Legendary Member
Yay, just got E10 petrol for £1.63 litre, that's 6p litre cheaper than almost all of its local competitors.

gbb

Legendary Member
Yay, just got E10 petrol for £1.63 litre, that's 6p litre cheaper than almost all of its local competitors.

And two weeks later, same garage now £1.57 litre. Funny how you never think about the .9p, its better thinking 1.57 than 1.58.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Tesco Mereway Hamtun.. 159.9 ppl
Not sure about the Weston Favell Tesco until I ride past in the morning.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
While the prices seem to be holding stable or dropping slightly locally, my benchmark station (run by the Co-Op on High Road West, Felixstowe) has just put diesel back UP by 2p/litre to £1.889 per litre
This same station has only reduced the diesel price by 3p per litre in the past month. Unusually it is now more expensive than the Shell station by the Orwell Bridge (normally the most expensive in the area), while a sister Co-Op run station just off the A14 outside Ipswich is £1.819 per litre and the joint cheapest in the area.

Top Bottom