What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Watch out, watch out, some smug leccy car driver will be along in a moment.

Me, however, cycled to work today. Zero cost.👅

I have to admit I only looked because of this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.

Better pop over there and fill up . :whistle:

I don't know how much variation there is within Germany. As I understand it, French drivers are filling up in the border towns, so it looks like we're still cheaper.

Many garages in this region are independent, which may have an effect.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Thats cheap compared to UK as we are still near GBP £2 for smelly diesel

202.9 near me at the moment for diesel…….

gbb

Legendary Member
As I understand it/was advised the colder the air the better the bang & less fuel used, hence why sports cars try to get cold air into the throttle body, also fuel is denser the colder it gets. Potentially you get worse fuel in winter due to having to warm the engine up, also the air is denser so maybe it takes more to push through it, unfortunately I'm not a scientist just relating what I have been told which may or may not be brolacs.

Id be hazarding a guess but the idea colder air and fuel is more dense therefore better but...the advantage of hotter weather allowing the engine to work more efficiently and heat up quicker possibly outweighs it.
All guesswork of course...

gbb

Legendary Member
I noticed an invoice on goods that arrived at work the other day, a 10% fuel surcharge.

In a way, yes. But this is a small independant distributor who will no doubt have seen the running costs, electric, gas and fuel skyrocket. As a middleman, theyre perhaps not making much profit on an item anyway...i could imagine small businesses really feeling it if theyre working on low margins.

gbb

Legendary Member
The next stage will be...what will prices creep back down to. I don't think we will see £1.50 ltr again, maybe £1.70 for E10 would seem a result right now .
Same with everything, unfortunately when there's been a spike in inflation, it never returns back to the old norm.

vickster

Legendary Member
I paid 181.9 for super UL E5 at Sainsburys on Saturday, E10 was 174.9, so certainly better than the 186.9 / 193.9+ of recent weeks!!

D

Deleted member 26715

I paid 181.9 for super UL E5 at Sainsburys on Saturday, E10 was 174.9, so certainly better than the 186.9 / 193.9+ of recent weeks!!

Being nosey, but I thought you had a post 2003 Skoda? It should be okay with E10

vickster

Legendary Member
Being nosey, but I thought you had a post 2003 Skoda? It should be okay with E10

It's a VRS...meant to have super according to the filler cap (97+ RON) but I have been told I can use standard from time to time if needed. It runs better and more economically with super IME.

I use so little petrol, the cost difference isn't a big deal, but I'll check with the dealer next time it's serviced.
I'll happily admit I know very little about such stuff, just doing what I have done for the last 9 years of ownership!

Last edited:
Top Bottom