What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
The thing is - cars have to be parked somewhere. It can't be that hard to equip a Car park with some slow chargers - it's just an electric socket and then some kind of contactless payment thing for the electric used.
Once people twig that they can make cash off of people charging then they'll be built - either where people overnight park or at work places.

There's a super charger hub to be built a few miles from me that's having about a dozen chargers and a cafe and showroom etc.

Aye but you are on the affluent Wirral, what about the poor people in the high rise blocks in Blacon?

Cougie. Just messing mate don't be offended.

Aye but you are on the affluent Wirral, what about the poor people in the high rise blocks in Blacon?

Cougie. Just messing mate don't be offended.

Blacon have the bike path - who needs cars ? ^_^

chris-suffolk

Calm down Chris.

I didn't say there are plenty of EVs that are cheaper than their petrol equivalents.

Because there aren't. Everyone knows that.

There are plenty of EVs that are cheaper than petrol cars though. Which is what I said.

There are plenty of EV cars more expensive than petrol too !

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't own an EV.

Neither do I, but I would like to , I would also like to have solar panels on my house roof, along with a storage battery but I can't afford those either, without getting political :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: because it seems to me to be all the parties are just as bad but there is something currently wrong with the system. We allow people/companies not to pay their fair share of tax etc. which could be used for the benefit of a lot more people.

Reactions: gbb
I don't own an EV.

Well it makes a change from

I don't own a TV.

I see your lack of EV and raise you by not owning an EV or a TV.

So there.

classic33

Leg End Member
Er, no. As the UK still measures road distance in miles, but sell fuels in litres, I have to adjust my metric mindset to deal with that. :whistle:
Interesting that in my ancestral home of Eire, road distances were converted to kilometres in 2005 with little problem.
Just sayin' - ! :laugh:
Speed limits were changed to kilometres, distance has always been given in kilometres. The reason being an Irish Mile* is 2240 yards, an English Mile has only 1760 yards.

* The oft quoted "Country Mile".

Top Bottom