What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

We filled the wife's car up with diesel at the beginning of last month & still have over 1/4 tank left so not been really looking at fuel prices over the past couple of weeks. I went to get some roofing tiles in the Shogun yesterday I bought 20 last year (I think) they cost me £22, cost me £36 yesterday, was complaining to the lad who served me at the builders supply about the increase. He mentioned that from where he works he can see the Asda supermarket fuel price & how funny it was he was quite excited it had come down to £182.9 for Diesel & £178.9 for Petrol.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Shell garage on the A43 Hannington crossroads (Northampton to Kettering) 169.7 ppl

D

Deleted member 26715

Still looks like the East Midlands are being screwed over

Mike_P

Guru
Just on TV (Look North) the filling station in Hawes is run by a local not for profit organisation and is charging £1.58 for E10 and £1.68 for diesel.

gbb

Legendary Member
Along with East Angla - diesel only just dropped down to around £1.85 - £1.90 per litre with petrol generally up to 10p cheaper around here

Yup, my local is sitting at £1.74 ltr E10.
Just back from the South West, prices seem pretty steep there too...but there were quite large local variations, anything from £1.71 to £1.78 ltr.

An old friend of ours in Northern Ireland often posts up forecourt prices, E10 is below £1.60 ltr i believe, they have been dropping there significantly and regularly.

D

Deleted member 26715

Came up the Fosse Way as far as Halford and kept looking at prices on the way . The dearest price we saw was £1.90 for E10.

We came back from a funeral the other day & the wife said she fancied a whippy ice cream, no idea if they are linked or even relevant, but the only place we could think of was a McD's for a flurry, we thought there was one at Blyth Services on the A1, there wasn't but the fuel was £2.07p

gbb

Legendary Member
Yup, my local is sitting at £1.74 ltr E10.
Just back from the South West, prices seem pretty steep there too...but there were quite large local variations, anything from £1.71 to £1.78 ltr.

An old friend of ours in Northern Ireland often posts up forecourt prices, E10 is below £1.60 ltr i believe, they have been dropping there significantly and regularly.

Couple corrections...
My local is actually £1.75 ltr and the prices in NI are headed towards £1.60.

Just filled up at Sainsburys, not my normal one but just passing, £1.71...seems like a win in these weird days.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Just on TV (Look North) the filling station in Hawes is run by a local not for profit organisation and is charging £1.58 for E10 and £1.68 for diesel.

I drove through Hawes on Thursday, was impressed with the price, unsurprisingly there was a bit of a queue.

Top Bottom