What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Petrol at £1.377 at red house
Around here, Kettering (apart from 150.9 on the A14!) is the cheapest, followed by Welly, then Hamtun.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've not been past this week, but for the previous couple of weeks my benchmark fuel station has had petrol at £1.34 per litre and diesel at £1.46 per litre. Where I noticed it, everywhere else had both fuels within a penny or two (or in 1 case the same price) at around £!.39 per litre.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

149.7 ppl @ Red House, A43, Hannington, today..

M6 services twixt Birmingham & Manchester 181.9 ppl

Drago

Legendary Member
Low 150s round here. Diesel has crept 2 or 3 pence above petrol against even though the wholesale price is cheaper.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Red house garage were only taking cash payments yesterday @PeteXXX it's been years since I paid cash for petrol.

It was 1.48 a litre so about 2 p a litre cheaper than other local garages

Maybe their card whotsit is down? I do keep an eye on the prices there. Cheapest locally unless you head into Kettering.
Morrisons gave me a 5p off a litre voucher when I went shopping last Friday. I gave it back and told them that at 157.9 ppl it was still dearer than other places. Profiteering sheisters...

Drago

Legendary Member
Diesel getting pricy again. I'm rather pleased that I use so little of the stuff at consistently well intonthe 60s MPG.

It would seem the distillate used is very similar to heating oil, so as winter hits demand rises for a fixed supply and diesel price increases.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Luckily our Morrison's is one of the cheapest around, I have a 5p/litre off voucher but I only filled up last week and it usually lasts me 5 weeks. I will probbaly fill up anyway and make use of it. You also don't always know why/when they issue it. Is it because they think prices are going to drop again so trying to trick you into filling up when prices are higher? Wouldn't surprise me

Top Bottom