What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I went to see the doc today as I start to sweat and suffer anxiety attacks every time I fill up my car.

He said I have car owner virus and to ride my bike more.
:thumbsdown: terrible joke

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You're right, it's not as funny as your £2 a litre one,🤪
i beleive there is a station in london charging 206.9 a litre right now

1647268195144.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Chip shop used oil?
We had one guy here who owned a pub and chip van and he did just that. He mixed it with some diesel but no idea of the proportions. Stank a bit but worked ok.
He has now gone respectable with a Peugeot van but still wears a boiler suit even tho’ he is probably the richest man on the island. Ex fisherman with a multitude of business interests.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
How many 22 reg new cars have you seen so far? I have only seen one and that was this morning. Are people not buying new cars because of fuel prices or is the shortage delaying demand that much?
I know mine is not coming till May and it was ordered in mid November.

gbb

Legendary Member
How many 22 reg new cars have you seen so far? I have only seen one and that was this morning. Are people not buying new cars because of fuel prices or is the shortage delaying demand that much?
Not a single one. When are (were) they on the roads ?

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've seen a few. 1st one was a Tesla. T'others were petrol types.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've read many a story about the fuel prices. Some say that the petrol stations are ripping motorists off by raising the prices, even though brent crude has come down in price. Others say they cannot lower the prices accordingly becasue they have paid for future orders at the inflated price, so lowering them now would mean selling at a loss. I can understand both trains of thought really. All I know is, my Diesel Passat will probably (hopefully) be the last ICE car I ever buy. But I'm hoping to keep it for at least 10 years longer if it lasts that long!

icowden

Veteran
Mine was ordered in January and is coming end October. I think there is an increase in wanting electric vehicles and a huge delay in actually getting them.

classic33

Leg End Member
Seven, the first one in January.

There's certainly less traffic here as the price rises have now reached us.

I remember this happening the last time there was an oil price spike, and road deaths dropped because people were driving less, and slower. It's mildly depressing that this is what it takes for people to stop making unnecessary car journeys, but such is life.

Top Bottom