What's worse than crashing on an icy road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheffgirl

I'd rather n an icy road in winter than a wet road in summer.... I wear more layers in winter

I fell off today, not due to ice, it was my own daft fault. Thanks to wearing 2 layers i came out of it with only a tiny graze on my knee and a slightly sore hip, and a bit muddy :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I fell off today, not due to ice, it was my own daft fault. Thanks to wearing 2 layers i came out of it with only a tiny graze on my knee and a slightly sore hip, and a bit muddy :smile:
Gws!
I've got a black and blue right knee :B)
Edit: my stupid fault too!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Maaaany years ago I watched about 12 mountain bikers all go down on the same corner of an icy farm track, just like a road peloton.

Fell off myself twice in 5 minutes on Boxing day, once on each side. I'm glad it was the crosser and not the roadie that got scratched.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I came off on ice last January and landed on my left hip. Despite physio over the summer, it's still not 100%, so I'm another who won't venture out on ice. Unless it's just for a gentle back roads pootle on the MTB with Schwalbe ice spike tyres fitted.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I came off on ice a couple of years ago - it was a muddy country lane and I didn't realise I was on the ice until it was too late. Off I came, landed on my front and kept going, superhero-style. Luckily I escaped with nothing damaged except my pride - I was at the front of the group who all got to watch. :blush:

Top Bottom