What's your agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
The fact that you make bold statements based purely on, by your own admission, guesswork with no evidence means you cannot cry foul when someone pulls you up on it.
If you actually want to understand the issues rather than commenting from a position of ignorance, might I suggest you try reading some of the evidence that is out there. The Bicycle Helmet Research Foundation would be a good place to start your education.
Oh - but the majority do. Most cycle lanes are non-mandatory, which means that they can be used by other vehicles if a cyclist is not in them.
I am assuming that you know the difference between a cycle lane and a cycle track/path... but maybe I am assuming too much, so here's some more reading to help with your eduction. I suggest you start with chapters 7 and 8.[/quote]

Ah I see your not a wined up merchant your a pedant. - hence the bit about cycle lanes - what does anyone care if traffic are allowed on a cycle lane - if thiers no cyclist. - but its a pedantic point.

and yes I,ve read helmet reasurch stuff
its the old arguement the safer you make things the more risk people take. - if you removed all safety devices from cars , made them really hard to stear , absolute crap brakes and a big dagger infront fron the stearing wheel we would all drive safely because we would be constantly aware of the danger

sorry people would still drive like maniacs - there just would be more dead ones.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ah I see your not a wined up merchant your a pedant.

I should hope he isn't drunk at this time of day!

Licramite

Über Member
2143234 said:
You are an anti-compulsionist who believes that people who don't wear a helmet should be denied medical treatment though. I'm not quite sure how that sits together.
Its the lodgical extension of the arguement - if you don,t provide safety equipment people will be more carefull and avoid accidents - read the cycle research paper -
so - an ambulance and medical facilities are part of this safety umbrella

if people thought If I,m injured I,m on my own they would take more care

of course we know this is a load of dingos kindeys.

I should have said don't desrever an ambulance , we all get what we don,t deserve in this world.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
My agenda.... none.
I wear a helmet I believe it contributes to my safety, therefore I believe helmet wearing would contribute to other people's safety as well and as such I would encourage all cyclists to consider wearing one.

However, I appreciate that there is evidence that demonstrates that my belief MAY be erroneous - and until there is clear indisputable evidence that demonstrates that wearing a helmet will SIGNIFICANTLY improve safety for cyclists I would be totally against any law that compels cyclists to wear one.

A law that I would support though, is a law banning all men (and all except for very attractive women!) wearing Lycra Cycling Tights in public places!!!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Don't be silly. As long as they're cute, men should be compelled to wear lycra... ;)
To each their own .....in private places - but as far as I am concerned all those bulgy bits should not be on display when I am trying to enjoy a coffee and a slice of cake (my version of cycling) right puts me off it does!

Davidc

Guru
Back to the OP:

My agenda is...

1) Anti compulsion and pro choice.

2) Wanting to see some well executed, well designed and rigorous research done, leading to a fully justifiable rating scheme for the things.

3) Wanting an end to everything and anything which suggests that cycling is anything other than safe and healthy (which it is).

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
To each their own .....in private places - but as far as I am concerned all those bulgy bits should not be on display when I am trying to enjoy a coffee and a slice of cake (my version of cycling) right puts me off it does!
Stop sitting under the table then!:whistle:

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
2144208 said:
OK, but being comfortable with the existence of our genitals seems like a good thing to me
I'm very comfortable with the existence of my genitals - (so long as I tuck them right and have my saddle at the correct angle!)
Just don't want to see other blokes bits paraded in front of me - if I did want to, I'd go to the ballet! ^_^

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
, is not equal to '.

Licramite, is English your 1st language?
I,m glad I,m not the only reader irritated by this. Shuffles off to attempt to write a Firefox extension to automatically correct Licramite,s sunken apostrophes...

I sincerely hope all those fondling, becoming comfortable, positioning, or otherwise manipulating each others genitals are wearing gloves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom