Whats your best cycling gadget this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.camelbak.com/en/bottles...altree?color=4e6aa5e4d32e442286039c1865a899b1

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thats OK you aint in the UK.
Why would that make any difference?

Mike_P

Guru
Mine is the Fabric Lumaray which fits into the Garmin mount and the Garmin then clips into it.
Had a look at that but there seems to a lot of negative reviews where the Fabrics mountings have failed with the result of potentially one lost Garmin while for Wahoo's the additional adapter simply increases the amount of potential failure points.

OP
OP
IBarrett

IBarrett

Über Member
Had a look at that but there seems to a lot of negative reviews where the Fabrics mountings have failed with the result of potentially one lost Garmin while for Wahoo's the additional adapter simply increases the amount of potential failure points.
The mount from Garmin to the Lumaray feels very plasticy but quite tight so if anything I've worried about breaking the Lumaray when fitting or removing my Garmin. Though I have tethered my Garmin from day1 so losing it is less of a concern.
I agree it seems less than ideal for Wahoo's

It was a crap joke about it being camo.
It was an excellent joke. One that I make every single day of my life, which is why it flew straight over my head.

Will Spin

Über Member
Finally saw the light and bought myself a frame fit pump after years of carrying near useless mini pumps. First outing with it on a club run, two of my cycling chums made good use of it. Funny thing was that I always thought that a bigger pump would weigh more, but by the time I'd removed the mounting clip (no longer required) and the 2x CO2 bulbs I carried "just in case", I'd saved 50gms!!!

OP
OP
IBarrett

IBarrett

Über Member
I just picked up a VeloSock. It was posted on FB marketplace not far from me. Brand new for £20
What a bargain. It will probably go to Spain to cover the bike I keep out there to stop it getting dusty and make it look smart.
I still harbour hopes of Mrs B letting me hang the bike on the lounge wall.

Johnno260

Veteran

I saw the same reviews, and I'm pretty certain it's for the V1, I think the V2 has better mounting, I have one and it seems the same as any of the Garmin 1/4 turn fixings, I still use the tether in my head unit regardless.

My top gadget is my RTL510 I love it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
A knog bell, lovely sounding bell, discreet and it even looks good.

Don't buy the cheap copy, there shyte

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
I got a Garmin RTL510 on a bit of a deal (not the price here) - love it for increased awareness of vehicles coming from behind, particularly since my hearing's not great. Also hopefully won't get caught out by multiple vehicles passing any more!

Top Bottom