Whats your bike's name?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have three.

The commuter Roxie. Black with little highlights but VERY overweight.
The new girl, Julie. Black and white combined and very light and simple.
And Vanessa the most joyous of the bunch. She likes getting dirty but doesnt see much use.

bike......!!!!!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I own two bikes. The most recent is called "the bike". The older one has no name. It hasn't been ridden since I got the bike so it doesn't need one. When I get a new bike, I will have two nameless bikes and "the bike".
Is that clear?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I tend to be monumentally unimaginative when it comes to naming things, so, I have:

'The Tank' - a 1996 Raleigh MTB so named because it weighs a ton and is fairly bombproof. It is in bits currently.

'Sir Queaky Bike Of The Dump' - the BSO which has squeeked since I got it and really needs to be taken to the dump

'The Felt' - because its a Felt!

The Pug - its a Peugeot

The Humber - This is a Humber which is currently waiting to be restored. It might gain a new name once it is alive once more!

The Claude - the 1967 Claude Butler Saphire I got from Biggs recently and the bike I'm currently restoring.
I am thinking of renaming it 'Clive' after I found a piece of greaseproof paper in one on the tubes with a name, address and school on, and, with a little bit of online detective work, the only person I can find which fits, i.e. with the only person with the right name and living in the right area was 13/14 when the bike was new, so, coupled with the reference to the school, 'Clive' might have been its original owner for all I know!

Jeez, I feel like such a stalker on that last one! :blush::laugh:

Top Bottom