What's your daily job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Mechanical Engineer working in the rail industry. I check to see if new trains and modifications to existing trains comply with the standards, although I have branched out into infrastructure at the moment, and am spending a lot of time going between Bicester and Bletchley, although only virtually.

Unlike @Reynard , we don't actually crash trains (athough there are a few places where they do). It is all numerical analysis these days.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I spent 30 years working for Her Maj - keeping the country safe and being paid to watch certain people. ;)

Bonus

Veteran
Mountain Bike Guide in the Spanish Pyrenees - I get paid to ride my bike!

My fill-in job is working maintenance at a local campsite. Interesting and varied work, mostly outdoors. From raking leaves & pruning trees to fixing gas boilers and cleaning swimming pools!

Long term plan is MTB guiding alongside running our Spanish B&B when we eventually get it built!

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cycling-b-b-in-the-foothills-of-the-pyrenees.188758/

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Have worked in research and development (clinical trials) in the NHS for 11 years now. All office based; I don't see patients or have anything to do with drugs as most people seem to think! It's very boring but I work with a team of 8 and we all get along very well. Working from home is ok, we have weekly catch-ups to keep the banter going. I don't like my job at all but it is tolerable and I couldn't get any better pay for doing anything else. I can't handle stress so I have no intention of climbing the ladder anytime before hopefully taking retirement at 55 if I can afford it.

I hope to retire and then do odd jobs, making and refurbishing stuff for some pocket money but I love doing that as a hobby.

albal

Guru
Freelance driver from 3.5T to 44T. I,m lucky as I can pick my jobs to some extent. Never been short of work in 33 years. Off to Spain Mon. Likely to be one of the last EU trips for a while.

C R

Guru
In ourense? Doubtful
I can vouch for that. Grew up near Santiago. People think it rains in England, they should go to Galicia.

I am a physicist. Started working writing software to solve equations that describe glucose metabolism, but that line of research dried up. I then moved into looking at material properties of foams and surfactants (things like soap) using optical instruments. Ended finding the instrumentation more interesting than what we were measuring, so moved to work on designing the instruments. My latest move has been back to software, but still on the general instrumentation field. Keeps me out of trouble.

Top Bottom