What's your daily job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
I left school at 16 and joined the Army and left 13 years later having become a qualified systems analyst. I then did a variety of IT jobs, for Lloyd's of London and Kent County Council. in 1997 I had a 20 minute interview and landed a contract analyst role at Citibank (very risky move, but I was desperate to earn enough to keep the wolf from the door)
I'm still working in the banking world, but I am now a product manager responsible for developing payment solutions for corporate clients. I've had a great run and I've travelled around the world and had a very fulfilling career, but sitting all day in my box room on video conferences is proving to be very unfulfilling. So in 2021 I will be doing something different.

Oh and in my spare time I am a professional magician. But Covid has killed that too😠

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I haven't seen those threads. What do you do every day for your job?

Dealing with stroppy bands and artists who think they know better
We put their music and and merch out for release.
Publish music books, make and release music documentaries
pre covid, organising of tours and live gigs of which has gone down to zero this year

postman

Legendary Member
It seems I am not allowed to embellish my cv.So International Communications becomes a postal worker.Security becomes working in the Registered Branch.Hygiene consultant means I clean up,Property consultant means I do the jobs around the house,finally master chef means I can open a tin of baked beans to go with a fried egg.

In that case, I shall also add general cat slave, litter tray cleaner-upper, purveyor of fine meals to the Human and feline residents of Casa Reynard, firewood wrangler and general mender of broken things. :laugh:

Small wonder I barely get the chance to sit down and write. Or paint, for that matter. :scratch:

screenman

Legendary Member
I had 32 jobs in about 42 months when I first left school, started my first business before I was 20 and have not had a job since, 45 years of mainly enjoying what I do.

I used to be a bovine surgeon, now a professional lounge lizard

irw

Quadricyclist
At the moment, thanks to our industry being obliteriated, literally overnight, back in March, I'm working as a customer delivery driver for Tescos.

What I was, and indeed should be doing, and intend to get back to, is touring the country re-lighting the national tour of Blood Brothers. Effectively it's my job to take what the lighting designer has created in venue #1, and make sure that the show looks and feels the same (from a lighting perspective) for every audience in all the different venues that we visit. Just in case there's anyone on here who's seen them, last year I did the 'Rough Crossing' and 'The Exorcist' UK tours!

#TheShowMustGoOn
#WeMakeEvents

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Expert in fossil algae ^_^.
Ah...a fellow geologist??.

For my sins, I now sit in a little box room at home preparing quotes for people who want ground investigations (and seem to think they are both cheap & we can turn up next week). Either a hole in the garden for the granny annex or some housing development somewhere. It's OK, I get to listen to the radio (daily popmaster challenge:okay:), flexible hours.My commute used to be 10 mile round trip...now I just amble into the front office.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ah...a fellow geologist??.

For my sins, I now sit in a little box room at home preparing quotes for people who want ground investigations (and seem to think they are both cheap & we can turn up next week). Either a hole in the garden for the granny annex or some housing development somewhere. It's OK, I get to listen to the radio (daily popmaster challenge:okay:), flexible hours.My commute used to be 10 mile round trip...now I just amble into the front office.

Oh

Slightly dissapointing.

I thought you must be a submarine pilot :sad:

Top Bottom