What's Your Daily read ?

What Daily paper do you normally read ?

• Daily Mail, I have b**bs and I'm a 52yr old matron from Cheltenham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Times, I'm in the city don't you know (hides my D. Sport very well too)

• The Metro, it's free 'n I'm saving for me new bike, that's why I fare dodge too

• Don't read Daily papers, Top shelf mag once a week for me.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

I've never had time to buy a paper in the morning, let alone read one. Quite happy with tinternet through the day and the odd Newsnight.

If I did though it would be something from the top shelf.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've bought The Grauniad nearly every day for the last 35 years. Nowadays I have about an hour to kill before I go to work and as long as the paperboy gets his arse in gear I spend 30 minutes or so reading it. I start with the sport though.
I can't believe the Daily Sport made the list and The Indie and Telegraph didn't!

When I do have time to read a paper, it has always been the Independent, but got to agree with earlier post that it does seem to have lost it's way a bit recently.

Was suffering a long train journey recently and someone had left a copy of The Sun on the seat. Out of interest I had a flick through just to see what it is that "x" million people every day pay good money to read (other than the blee*ing obvious!) and I found about 2 meaningful news items, both one short paragraph in length. I know this was probably par for the course, but it still leaves me astounded by the drivel that people will read.

Buy hey, we're all different. I mean some people don't even ride a bike :ohmy:

pw2389

The Times, I'm in the city don't you know (hides my D. Sport very well too)
If you work in the City you're more likely to read the Financial Times. Anyhow, I read The Economist when I get time - I find it's an excellent way to find out what's going on in the wider world.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I used to be a Telegraph reader till I gave up buying papers a few years ago. if I buy one now it is The Sun when I fancy a bet as it has the best racing pages, which I know from my days in factory jobs is a main reason for it's popularity among the working class.

snorri

Legendary Member
I read The Herald most days, it has a Sport section in supplement form which is easily thrown away to leave me with a sportsfree (for sport read 99% football) newspaper.:ohmy::biggrin:

Chigley

Hang on.

This thread has gone 3 pages, and the initial poll without naming the Daily Mirror, which is like a mixture of all those papers, and my daily read.

Something a bit twilight zone about all this

Top Bottom