What's your discipline?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

My discipline that I probably couldn't be beaten at is cycling back from tesco express with a couple of carrier bags hooked on each handlebar, and neither touch the front wheel during the entire journey.

for me it's the ctc sections supertourist events. there are 12 in all ,4 reliability distance events, tourist trail,2 photographic events, a "superstars" which means i have to learn to skip in the next 6 months, my favourite the freewheel and my worst event the hillclimb.
they average one a month so it's good for motivation.

wafflycat

Aint Skeered said:
So that pic on your avatar was taken 10 years ago was it?
Actually I'm 48yrs 6 months

You sweet-talking devil, you! It was taken last month.

*preens*
*simpers*
*applies extra-thick coat of moisturiser to skin*
*books botox appointment*

:tongue:

hambones

Road - 100km Challenge, Club runs, one sportive so far, five 10's last year and one 25 - loved them all (and never felt close to dying so probably not trying hard enough!!) :tongue:

Doing the North Road Hardriders 25TT in 2 weeks (and expect to come about last).

MTB - racing, again badly (usually below half-way in my category!) Just finished the Thetford Winter Series. Lots of social rides around Epping. Weekend trips to Wales, Peaks, etc.

wafflycat

User259iroloboy said:
Pfhhtt! yeah right! As for the TTing thing, that is correct, afterall who else is not at work in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday apart from old farts;) Oh, and people who work shifts of course(who may also be an old fart too):tongue:

Middle of the afternoon? All the club events I go to are mid-week evening events. Saturday events traditionally start in the afternoon and Sunday events traditionally start at some god-forsaken hour of the morning when sensible folk are still in bed...

wafflycat

longers said:
My life seems to revolve around bikes though. This is a good thing isn't it?

Of course it is! :tongue:

Peter

Sportives for me - off to Spain next week for an early season warm up.
Must get fit for the Tour of Ireland - must get fit - must get fit.

bonj2

i'm sure some of the thing people are putting aren't actual disciplines. The question asked was "what's your discipline.".
The two main disciplines are Road and MTB, and they in turn can (but don't have to be) further split into sub disciplines
i.e.
-> Road
- road racing
- audax (whatever that is)
- touring
- triathlon
- track
- 'city' / urban trekking / hybrdding, whatever you want to call it

-> MTB
- cross country
- downhill
- freeride
- trials
- trekking

longers said:
Commute, utility and fun. ...
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: LOL

perfect example. "Fun" isn't a discipline in itself. What's 'fun'? :tongue: :wacko: :rolleyes:
If you went into a bike shop and asked for a bike, they'd say 'what sort of riding do you do?'
if you replied "er... fun, mainly" what sort of bike would you expect them to show you?
Surely they ALL come under 'fun'? :cry: Are you miserable when you're doing anything other than 'fun'? :cry:

:biggrin:

Noodley said:
Audax and err, well that's it really.
If you define an audax as anything over 100 miles, then presumably you have to set off for work at about half one in the morning, even though it's only 10 miles away, so you can loop right the way back round all the highlands?

simonali said:
Commuting and social (going to the pub!).

'social' :wacko: :wacko:, again - see reply to longers.
'socal'-ising is great, but it isn't a cycling discipline.

Noodley

bonj said:
If you define an audax as anything over 100 miles, then presumably you have to set off for work at about half one in the morning, even though it's only 10 miles away, so you can loop right the way back round all the highlands?

Just as well I use the correct definition of audax then :biggrin:

And also just as well I drive to work. Or else I might have written "commute" under what "discipline" of cycling. :rolleyes:

yenrod

I mainly do rides on Saturday and Tues & Thurs (chaingangs - if anyone turns up which isnt proving very numbered/successsfull)...I mentally approach Mon., Wed. & Fri as days I ride into work - it being 4mls one way - which is not far...even if doubled for the day.

So I bus it instead. (£50 monthly ticket) - which i have tried to force myself NOT to renew it but getting wet over 4mls is just not with it and with bus fares being quite high, its part and parcel of the 'monthly spend.'

And I just find riding in the morn. near impossible - physically no prob but my brain gets in the way !

Though, if it was longer it would have more bite to it and maybe.

I just like to keep my rides for the evening away from - business + pleasure etc..as the saying goes.

Top Bottom