What's your discipline?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
discipline? Miss Whiplash?
Oh, sorry, cycling :wacko:
Regular weekend ride (30-50miles), occasional 34mile round trip commute, occasional one-off day out ride.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Commuting, utility cycling, club runs(usually the Wednesday evening ones involving pubs), the odd sportive and audax, touring holidays and the odd bit of alpine lunacy.
Not done a TT yet, but I think I'd like to. I did a 28 minute '10' on a local course, so I should lose a few mins off that in an actual race. Not having flat bars might help too.

And I agree with Waffles - if it's not fun, why would you be doing it?:wacko:

I commute roughly 290km a week - sometimes 300 if I fancy a lap or two of Regents Park for fun.
I quite like the idea of steaming(steaming = appropriate word!) round the track - read Walker's 'Hillingdon' posts in racing and it is good to watch everyone's efforts...I only live 10 minutes from there so maybe if there is a super vets category ie: 53 and above :wacko: I might give it a go...
Otherwise solo road for as long as I feel like it; suppose 80km is a reasonable average for a non-commuting ride.

Plax

Guru
Commuting & Leisure cycling.
I'd love to go on a touring holiday on the bike, stopping off at various campsites. That would be fun. Anyone done anything like that?

longers

Legendary Member
Commute, utility and fun. I did a small bit of touring last year and am planning a bit more for this year. Did a cyclosportive last year and enjoyed that so will be doing at least a couple more this year. Not done an audax ride but I think I'd enjoy that too and I might look for one or two later in the year.

I've only raced a bike in a few triathlons and that was ok but I prefer a longer slower ride. I wouldn't mind a go at a Manchester Velodrome taster session.

My life seems to revolve around bikes though. This is a good thing isn't it?

stevenb

Leisure and fitness. First race (weather permitting) 2nd March.
Not hoping for much.....but want to feel that I've done my best.
Might join a club soon....may help me get better and faster.
Training and more training is on the cards for me!
Then more races!
:tongue:

Mortiroloboy

wafflycat said:
Good grief, CKH...

I'm old, I'm a tad overweight, and I'm slow, but I have great fun on a local TT! The vast majority of those doing TTs are veterans (age 40+), so give it a go and have some fun!

Pfhhtt! yeah right! As for the TTing thing, that is correct, afterall who else is not at work in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday apart from old farts;) Oh, and people who work shifts of course(who may also be an old fart too):tongue:

Mortiroloboy

Fitness and fun mostly,
the occasional Sportive, charidee ride
club runs and TT's
YHA weekends
There be a lot of us 50 year olds on 'ere innit?!

Mortiroloboy

Aint Skeered said:
Give it a go, you don't know till you try it. I think most people would really enjoy TT's. The evening club TT's can be a good laugh
I am in a 50k circuit race this weekend, I managed to claw my way up to 3rd cat last year, so this year I am aiming for some placings hopefully.
Oh, and I'm 48

What on earth is remotely amusing about cycling so fecking hard for 10 miles that you nearly die at the end:

Top Bottom