What's your fastest speed reached on road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
this question crops up every now and again.

For me 49.6mph down Devils Dyke just outside of Brighton.
Could have gone faster but there was another cyclists in front of me and didn't want to move out of his slipstream

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
this question crops up every now and again.

For me 49.6mph down Devils Dyke just outside of Brighton.
Could have gone faster but there was another cyclists in front of me and didn't want to move out of his slipstream
That sounds great. Mine was 47.1 or .3 down some hill but I had to slow down due to cars getting in the way. Lol

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
49.42 mph going down Bury Hill on the way back from Felpham a cpl of months ago.
On the flat - impossible to tell. Guessing at 30-something but it depends on your definition of flat.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
41.5mph downhill pleased with that as it's one I don't normally get much above 35mph on, on the flat was about 31mph wasn't for very long mind you, uphill was tonight but I've been told I was really naughty for doing it so I best not mention it :whistle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Sittingduck
Nice one Ant... on the same ride I only managed 44.7. But my excuse was a brand new bike. :thumbsup:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I was 'brown-trousering-it' round the bend on the A29, Ian. Pretty white knuckle stuff, I must say. Second fastest stretch must be either Colddean Ln on the alternative route into Brighton, off the Downs or as you mentioned, The Dyke!

Edit: Just checked and second fastest was actually going down a hill by Brastead somewhere, in Kent, about a month back. http://app.strava.com/activities/22136047#

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Sittingduck
Yup..descending on bends is not one of my best traits..... straight line woooooooooooosh... corners...nah lolol

mark st1

Plastic Manc
39.1 mph down the A4130 heading in to Henley loved it untill i realised the right hand bend at the bottom was alot sharper than i thought........ touching cloth to say the least :sweat:

Top Bottom