What's Your Favourite Carry On Film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
Carry on up the Khyber has to be my favourite. It's widely considered to be one of the best Carry On's. Anyone for Tiffin? :?:

Carry on Screaming has to be number two for me, with Kenneth Williams doing his "Frying Tonight...!", and Fenella Fielding with her "Do you mind if I smoke?" :tongue:

Not my favourite, but some of their best lines came from ...up the Jungle.
Taken prisoner by a tribe of Amazonians, the gang are expected to provide sexual favours for the gals; Sid James complains of being knackered and threatens to go on strike. The chief Amazonian is unfamiliar with this term and asks for an explanation, whereas Sid just say, 'We'll down tools'! To which she says 'we'll feed you with oysters' and again Sid says, 'Oysters! I had a dozen last night and only six of them worked'.
The exact quotes my be slightly non-verbatim, but is was a LONG time ago. :tongue:

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
dbg said:
My 10 & 7 year old girls love them all! Alot of the double ententres go right over their heads but they don't seem to notice, and I'd far rather they watched them than Corrie, East Enders or any other depressing modern crap. They must have watched Carry on Abroad 6 times last week! The scary thing is what other parents let their children watch. Lots of kids in my 10 year olds class watch Shameless, which is apparently pretty adult stuff. No wonder kids grow up screwed up.

It can get a bit embarrassing though when flicking through the channels and a repeat of Bless This House is on, then your five year old girl shouts, "look, it's Sid!" when Sid James appears.

Up The Khyber-

Joan Simms, "who's that on the throne?"

Sid James, "you mean the khazi!"

:tongue: :?: :biggrin:

Cab

Up the Khyber is the acknowledged classic I think. And its a very funny film, probably my favourite.

But an honourable mention must be given to Don't Lose Your Head, Matron, Doctor, and Screaming. Most of the Carry Ons prior to the great seventies decline were pretty funny.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Emu said:
I don't have a favourite but those with Jim Dale were more appealing to me.

Doctor Nookie..........Superb

:tongue: :?: :biggrin:

mosschops2

I've, err, :tongue: never seen one.... :?: :biggrin:
some 5 minute snippets, that's about it....

I think they fall into the same category to me these days as 1980s Dudley Moore films - too cringeworthy to stand!!!!

But I have seen a good few Elvis films - when i lived in the states a housemate was educating me as to their cult status. They are incredible!!!

mosschops2 said:
I've, err, :?: never seen one.... :biggrin: :smile:
some 5 minute snippets, that's about it....

I think they fall into the same category to me these days as 1980s Dudley Moore films - too cringeworthy to stand!!!!

But I have seen a good few Elvis films - when i lived in the states a housemate was educating me as to their cult status. They are incredible!!!

After using only three 'blushing faces' to admit not seeing a Carry On Film (which is fair enough) you quite shamelessly admit to watching Elvis films without the presence of any! :laugh: :tongue:

Top Bottom