Whats Your Favourite Fruit??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They Say We Should All Aim For 5 A Day, I Probably Exceed This (im A Greedy Fat Git)- So Whats Yer Favourite?

Mines Cherries And Bluberries, Cherries Are Better I Suppose As You Can Spit The Pips Out At People You Dont Like!!!!:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Strawberries spring to mind first....
Satsumas when theyre just right.

Sadly, a lot of fruit is force grown nowadays...plums off the tree when i wur a kid were awesome. You just cant reproduce that from the supermarkets(or any shop) now.

fuzzymum1

strawberries and pears, really ripe pears, the kind that you bite into and the juice runs up your arm.

byegad

Legendary Member
I have three favourites.
1. strawberries.
2. Strawberries.
3. Strawberries

Oh! and I like Strawberries.
Working in an Ice-Cream shop in 1969 I was given the job of topping slicing and sugaring strawberries for freezing. The boss said I could eat as many as I liked! Ten minutes later he changed his mind as it had been, one for me; one for the freezer up till then!

Apples for me too. Nice sour ones, like Granny Smiths or even Bramleys.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Oh.. I thought about it ... and decided mango's .. but then I remembered passion fruit and lychees, and then strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.... yum yum yum so why don't I eat them all the time:sad:

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Veteran
I bought some blueberry bushes, mini apple (2 0f) and pears trees last year, so ishould get some home grown fruit this year (i also grown about 30 tomato plants in hanging baskets this year), and have started some strawberry plants. but these will mostly be for the "other half"- i will eat them, but prefer just about any other fruit... nice...

Around about Dec / Jan there is nothing better than a pile of navel oranges... soon gone, with no pips and easy peeling.
I eat a lot of bananas too - like most peeps and this is possibly the weather to repeat something I read about in CW (I think).
Peel a ripe banana, wrap it in 'tinfoil' and freeze. Eat when frozen for a very interesting experience! :becool:

gbb

Legendary Member
I need some input here...
This topic reminds me when i wur a kid. I used to live alongside on old railway, out in the country. We used to find 'blackberry' bushes with the biggest mothers of 'blackberries' i ever did see.

Twice as big as normal ones, smoky in colour, and juicy and tasy way way beyond normal blackberries......so what were they ????

Top Bottom